LAT 9 Center Cap Project

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Sunbeam Tiger Owners,

I am planning a project to reproduce the LAT 9 center caps that may have been cut off many wheels in the past. I have preliminary prices to do a limited production run using a local machine shop with a CNC mill. These will be made out of aluminum with the embossed tigers head just like the original. I have prices between $25 to $35 each piece. The more pieces I have to order the less they will cost. With $25 being the lowest price. I plan to attach mine with a large flat washer and drill and tap threads into the cap. People interested in ordering a set or even one as a paper weight need to contact me ASAP. The projected wait time once I give the go ahead is 1 month for completion. I would like to start this project by July of this year.

Dave Green
alpdavegre@msn.com
520-747-2901 home after 6:30 PST

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
LAT 9 Center Cap project ready to go

Okay all you Sunbeam Tiger owners. I am just about ready to produce a limited run of center caps for the LAT 9 wheels. They will be raw aluminum machined on a CNC machine with the cut out center tigers head. The max outside diameter will be 2 1/4" that has the taper to the top. The height will be 3/4". I believe Tiger Tom did these in the 80's or 90's?? I think this is one of his examples that we are using for the template. As of now I will be doing about 30 caps.The cost per cap will be $30 without shipping. If I can get a run of 50 I can drop this to $25 each.
I will be needing a firm commitment from all interested. Within the next 2 weeks I should be getting a sample of the finished cap. I have not seen any mention of my project in any of the Sunbeam Clubs publications. I wish that would have happened so Sunbeam Tiger owners that are not computer literate can benefit from this. If you need to see a picture of the sample we are using contact me and I will e-mail a jpg out. If you know of anyone who may be interested please give my information to them.

My history with Sunbeams,
I am a member with TEAE, CAT,& STOA. For quite a few years. Been on the Tiger list for near 10 years. Been to SUNI 3, 4, & 5 Owned Sunbeams Since 1982 and Tigers since 1998.

Dave Green
2113 S. Avenida Planeta
Tucson, Az. 85710
520-747-2901 message
alpdavegre@msn.com

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dave sent me a photo of the centercap-I have been waiting 20 years for these! Eric

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hello All,

I have just gotten the sample LAT 9 cap. They LOOK FANTASTIC!! I am doing a run of 65 and have over 50 sold. If you want 1 or 4 or 5 or more now is the time. I will require immediate payment. Here are a few shots of the finished product.
Dave Green
alpdavegre@msn.com