LIVE GOODWOOD REVIVAL COVERAGE

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Link no good... :(

I was watching it last night (well early hours Saturday morning here) and it's just magic.

If you do a search for "goodwood live" on youtube at the same time as the event is on you can stream it. If you go to the link AFTER the coverage finishes it wont work.

The Le Mans Tiger finished 6th in 1st practice for the RAC TT.. and of note its the fastest car in a straight line.. very good... but I guess handling isnt quite up to that of the e-types cobras and Ferrari'.. but that said.. its probably the heaviest car out there so that motor has some poke!

The rest of the touring car, single seater and GT40 runs were amazing. For all the aero enthusiaststhey have an amazing air show, spitfires, mustangs, lightnings and various period planes.

They will be doing the videocast each day.. so you need to log in at the correct time.

Also, it's worth setting the slider back about 1 min from the live feed to that its not choppy. The action starts at 9am UK local time.. so go online between then and finishing at 5pm local time UK.

also try the goodwood site.. they show the video.. and also have highlights from the coverage yesterday:

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/revival-live/revival-live.aspx

the schedule:

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/event-itinerary/event-itinerary.aspx

the results from FRIDAY practice for the TT:

http://www.tsl-timing.com/barc/2013/133721trt.pdf

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
The new link works. I was tired watching Kenny try and control the GT40. Good to see the Cobras and Tiger up front.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Coverage has started.. see what i think is Rob Blaney's MKI Tiger police car out o track in the motorbike/police car display..

HRS121E

Silver forum user
Michael

That's the regular Tiger of Nigel Tipping dressed up as a Metropolitan Police example. He and it are the Course Car for the weekend and will lead the opening parade of entries for tomorrows racing. He even managed to persuade Lord March to jump in to the Tiger on Friday morning. Maybe that's easy when you are staying at the man's house!!

Tony is the first to admit he's not competitive in this type of field but Huff - current World Touring Car Champion - has driven the '8' car faster than ever before. His 'Best Time' in 2nd qualifying 1.27.372 is better than the Team's 2012 Best Time of 1.28.17 and by comparison is 3rd fastest in last year's race.

As you say, it will be a blistering first 40 mins!!

Grid info here: http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club...entid=133721&table=133721qu1trt&tabletype=gif

Graham

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
hey Bob,

Yeah i was watching the wet GT40 session .. you should have see him from the outside.. wheels on the grass, slithering down the straights.. it almost looked more spectacular from the outside.. I have to say about the only thing more twitchy is if we got Tom Dyer over there in the monster again.. but in the wet :p

Not sure if you saw the RAC TT race in 2011 when it rained heavily, Kenny drove a Daytona couple and just walked away... or should I say slithered.. same sort of style.. man has rather large Brass ones!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael

That's the regular Tiger of Nigel Tipping dressed up as a Metropolitan Police example. He and it are the Course Car for the weekend and will lead the opening parade of entries for tomorrows racing.

Tony is the first to admit he's not competitive in this type of field but Huff -

Graham

Hey Graham,

Sorry for the miss information on the "police" Tiger.. I couldn't really get a good look at the plate.. so made an assumption (as they say you assume you make an "ass" out of U and ME ) Nice to see a another Tiger out there.

On the LM Tiger.. it has been very fast.. and must have huge HP as its to speed is higher than all the other cars.. including the cobras runnig the same motor.. and given the tiger is heavier and unlikely to be coming out of the corners as fast I assume that means its got be putting out the most grunt on the grid. I understand Tony wanting to drive in such an event.. what a great honor it would be... I just would like to see the Sunbeam be in the top 5 at the finish... and with some luck.. on the podium!

Any ideas on the Tiger invites for the 50th next year.. will the other LM and the monster get an invite perhaps? maybe Buck can put a hardtop and screen on the SCF car and run it in "Nassau" spec so it can go in the fordwater trpohy? :D