Looking for a Tiger Project

TigerBob86

Silver forum user
I'm looking for a Tiger that needs a lot of work. Please let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Bob

bobdixon at frii dot com

George Simpson

Gold forum user
Tiger project

Almost impossible to find these days with ebay,craigslist,(world wide web) sellers know more bidders will bring premium dollars always a sellers market Good luck:)

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
$ 60,000. valve covers

The green one for $5500. has a set of those Tiger valve covers, also looks like a Hurst shifter.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
project,

michael,
with a hood like that it may not be a scam. would you buy it? maybe the owner can't sell it and keeps trying. there would be a lot of work involved getting the hood to match the rest of the car. maybe the paint used is no longer available. that seems to be a common problem here in the states now. who knows!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob,

It is a scam, the car was sold on ebay a while back, it appeared in several locations internationally and in the states with various "buy it now" prices and various contact addresses and locations.

It might be the car is for sale again.. but this looks to be the same UK listing that was outed as a scam a while back.

As for the paint.. not sure what you are getting at there.. a decent panel shop would be able to strip and paint the hood in a normal manner.. and as its a project someone may just strip the whole thing and start from scratch.

long and the short of it.. i wouldn't be sending any $ to this seller without knowing for sure the car was actually there.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
project

michael.
many of the paints used in the past here in the states are no longer available. the EPA has seen to that. the wife's alpine was restored in 1995 using deltron. the reducer is no longer available. if it gets damaged we'll probably have to repaint the entire car in order to have the finish match. the color is not the problem.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just don't get what this has to do with the car being a scam advertisement bob? And given the thread is someone looking for a complete project.. what does the paint have to do with it.. as far as i can tell you are suggesting its why the car might not be sold and the ad is legitimate?

At the price the car is being advertised at... a repaint would not bother the buyer... what probably would is sending the money and having it vanish without getting a car in return.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
project

michael,
it took you awhile, but you understand that i'm saying some may not buy it because of the paint. maybe you should buy it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
michael,
it took you awhile, but you understand that i'm saying some may not buy it because of the paint. maybe you should buy it.

Bob.. what i dont understand is how that you dont get the car is being listed at that price BECAUSE IT IS A SCAM, given you seem to be the only person that thinks that it's actually a car for sale being listed cheaply because of a unique paint job maybe you should drop some cash on it.. the graphics suit you anyway.. it would be very appropriate.

Warren

Gold forum user
Scam or not

Got to think whomever posts and lists on eBay would have to pay final value fees if somebody hits the BIN button
Any car for sale should be seen by buyer or his agents.
Craigslist or Oodle Penneysaver or other for sale rag.
Personally if I had that hood on my car I'm LA
I would stay out of the hood unless I wanted to be a duck in the shooting gallery
better yet put it in my garage next to the Confederate flag.
just kidding .

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
michael.
many of the paints used in the past here in the states are no longer available. the EPA has seen to that. the wife's alpine was restored in 1995 using deltron. the reducer is no longer available. if it gets damaged we'll probably have to repaint the entire car in order to have the finish match. the color is not the problem.

Funny you say that---I ran across both Deltron paint and reducer in my shop last summer--must have been sitting there 12 yrs or so---it all looked good too. I ended up giving it to a buddy that paints, hopefully he put it to good use.