Wanted Looking for a Tiger rear end.

Bill163

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Looking for a Tiger rear end for my Alpine conversion. I already have a 8 inch ford if I want to go down that route. I have everything to do a conversion so I thought I would take a shot at finding the rear end. Thanks

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Looking for a Tiger rear end for my Alpine conversion. I already have a 8 inch ford if I want to go down that route. I have everything to do a conversion so I thought I would take a shot at finding the rear end. Thanks
I have a Ford 8" set up with a panhard rod mount for Mk1/Mk1a Tiger (same bracket and location on the axle) Randy Willet can supply the bracket that welds to the RH frame rail. Also set up with spring perches and shock mounts for Alpine or Tiger. The diff is centered so no interference with the propshaft tunnel. Billet axles too. Currently set up with 2.69:1 ratio but have a spare 3.00:1 gearset that goes with it. Same wheel bolt pattern as Alpine/Tiger (1/2"-20 studs). Recent brakes (drums) and rear axle bearings. Set up with Lokar e-brake cables that are designed to work with the stock Alpine/Tiger e-brake handle. Straight bolt in prospect with no further engineering required.

Happy to send you pics if there's interest. This came out of a Capri engined Alpine. I'm not emotionally attached, but it did require some expense to build it up! I also have a driveshaft that will work with a 260/289/302 and a OE Tiger toploader with no modification. (correct length and balanced)

The axle is is North Central Washington state.

Bill163

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hi Sean, I know you had the rear end but I thought I would take a shot at find a stock tiger rear end first only because I have everything down to the driveshaft and LAT70 4lug wheels, complété front end etc.. If I have no luck I’ll go your route. Thanks again.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Hi Sean, I know you had the rear end but I thought I would take a shot at find a stock tiger rear end first only because I have everything down to the driveshaft and LAT70 4lug wheels, complété front end etc.. If I have no luck I’ll go your route. Thanks again.
Not a problem!

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Last Fall, I bought a Series lV Alpine GT Beyond "project" stage that had been Farm "Stored" for 30+ outdoor years. I bought it for $400 because it had a hardtop (needed restored). THEN, after getting it unloaded here at my home in Eugene, OR, I discovered it had a Tiger front end which had been removed AND a Tiger differential in original, I think, condition. Still under the car, BUT it's a Tiger Diff, likely 2.88, OPEN, but I don't know, for certain, been too busy to check. I don't need another Tiger Diff, but I'm not sure what to say about its availability. Thought I should look you know.
Gary Haslip 541-554-zero 8 three 8.

Bill163

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hi Gary, yes I would be interested. I’ll call in the next day or 2 if you’re available. I live in Southern California I would just drive up and get it if it’s available. Thanks Bill