Wanted Looking for door window regulator arm/clam shell pieces (? correct description), could use two of each.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
So .. windows regulators are no fun - in past I have just found replacement regulators as needed but trying to fix what I got which both in need of parts unfortunately.. Have Mk1 regulators, both large/small gears seem OK but will probaby try SS (Rick's) kit on driver side just cause I have one kit. Both regulators had prev. repairs by a PO and not very well for sure. Any new stems, internals for these window regulators available other than Rick's kit? And if so where .. OR .. anyone have some of these internal parts available to sell - thanks in advance. Oh another question - are the internals stems for these the same for both Mk1 and Mk1a regulators (hoping/guessing they would be). Another question, to the internals of this parts assemble dry, light oil or greased - assume it may affect opperation

20230806_233647862_iOS.jpg

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would definitely use grease when assembling. I rebuilt mine and used red grease and everything operates very smoothly.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the internals are the same. Only the location and how the regulator mounts to the door changed.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I rebuilt my drivers side on my mk1 with a series 5 Alpine passengers side The internal spring causes friction against the wall of the drum that it sits in so grease will allow slippage. If you put in new felt in the window channels that will create friction to hold the window, sometimes too much.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
ALso, ? what are best rivets to use to re-attach the metal cup cover that stem sticks out of (aluminum vs steel, large head vs small, etc)l. Hoping to avoid having to do this again - ha

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I rebuilt my drivers side on my mk1 with a series 5 Alpine passengers side The internal spring causes friction against the wall of the drum that it sits in so grease will slow slippage. If you put in new felt in the window channels that will create friction to hold the window, sometimes too much.
ALso, ? what are best rivets to use to re-attach the metal cup cover that stem sticks out of (aluminum vs steel, large head vs small, etc)l. Hoping to avoid having to do this again - ha
I used #4 button head
1E7DF0C8-151F-428C-A3EA-FA294BFAC4AF.jpeg
I used #6 button head socket cap screws with a locking type nut. As you can see 2 of the 3 screws I did not even reduce the length of them