Lord Rootes Tiger for Sale?

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've heard a rumor that Dale A is handling the sale of long time CAT members Ed and Karen Foster's gorgeous butterscotch Lord Rootes winning Tiger. (I've heard the hood louvers were created by Kenny (Von Dutch) Howard himself.)

I hope this wonderful & historic example of our marque finds a worthy home.

Buck

Attachments

• car5.jpg
    car5.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Plates

Wow look at the plate digits between Ed's old car and the former Lee's car in familiar car in G.T.D. Lee was searching for where and when that car was sold. "they both have close numbers" this is of particular interest as my car VWG 942 and another are close but not that close.

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Beautiful car and understand very solid. Will be interesting to see what a top quality car will go for in today's market. I was looking at the profile of the car on BaT and noticed the Pentastar on the passenger fender. It made me wonder whether my Mk1a should have a Pentastar, as it doesn't. That car is #2035 and mine is #1967 so wondering at what VIN number the Chrysler logo started.

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
For what it's worth, my car is 1397 and has the pentastar.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I saw that car back at Grants Pass TUXXX The yellow really pops!!

Too bad it musta had a dreaded 'jack slip' on the front valance :eek: It was pretty much perfect when I saw it...

Just sold in a last half hour bidding war for US$88k :cool:

oops! US92,400 with the 5% premium to BAT

Attachments

• DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    453.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0117.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 112

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Be interesting how the sale compares to this Hemmings ad in 2016...
pastic fuel filter...:O

Attachments

• B382002329 ad Aug 2016.png
    B382002329 ad Aug 2016.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 143

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fair Price

Except for the bunch of fees & agent percentages, I thot t'was a fair price.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Very nice car

I had a chance to peek in person yesterday at the STOA meet. New owner (Bob) had the top off and was very happy about his new to him car. I forgot to check the valance, but a number of helpful comments for him should he choose anything other than just enjoyment with it right now...

Have to admit I'm partial to yellow as pops had this one painted in early 1970s close to 914-6 livery in yellow w/ black stripes.

Its in good hands, with someone who wishes to be a good caretaker and already club active.

BillRo

Gold forum user
Bring a Trailer charges $99 for the listing and a 5% fee to the buyer (capped at $5000). The seller's only other cost is photography and marketing.