Lord Rootes Trophy

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I just received the latest Tiger Tales in the mail and after reading about the article about Lord Rootes Trophy Gets a Proper Case I agreed that it is a very nice case but being a fairly new member and living a fair distance from where the CAT events take place some basic knowledge is not known by me , so what is this trophy awarded for ?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just received the latest Tiger Tales in the mail and after reading about the article about Lord Rootes Trophy Gets a Proper Case I agreed that it is a very nice case but being a fairly new member and living a fair distance from where the CAT events take place some basic knowledge is not known by me , so what is this trophy awarded for ?
Tony,
The Lord Rootes Trophy is awarded on the basis of points accumulated in the different contests at Tigers United. That includes the road rally, the Tiger quiz, the autocross, and the concours. Each participant gets points based on how their score compares to the winner in their class (for autocross and concours, which have Stock, Personalized, and Modified classes).

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Tony,
The Lord Rootes Trophy is awarded on the basis of points accumulated in the different contests at Tigers United. That includes the road rally, the Tiger quiz, the autocross, and the concours. Each participant gets points based on how their score compares to the winner in their class (for autocross and concours, which have Stock, Personalized, and Modified classes).
That is a prestigious one to win. Thanks for the info

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Lord Rootes trophy for TE/AE was originally given to the owner of the car with the highest concours points. The criteria was changed in the early 80's. The trophy is given to the owner that has made significant contributions to the preservation and promotion of the marque based on votes from the previous five recipients.