March 31-April 2, 2023 Sunbeam Invasion/BASH Columbia, South Carolina

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Come join all of your Sunbeam friends at our Sunbeam Invasion/BASH! No Kilt required but wearing one at the adjacent Scottish Games lets you fit in....
We had 30 Sunbeams attend for the weekend and show last year.
More info and car registration is here https://bccmc.com/
PS-BASH=Bring A Sunbeam Here

The host hotel contract has been signed-here is a link so you can reserve your room
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/winga...3&checkOutDate=04/02/2023&groupCode=033023BRI
The room rate is $109+tax. They gave us the same rate we have had for years.
We also reserved the swap meet and hospitality room and got the adjacent room to it as well. Last year we ran out of swap meet space and luckily got the adjacent room at the last minute. So LOTS of space for everyone. We will also have several tables for free stuff so bring some parts to give away and maybe you will find what you need there too!
The all day swap meet is Friday March 31st. The British car show/Sunbeam Invasion show and Scottish Games are on Saturday April 1st.

Schedule for the Invasion

Friday March 31st
Set-up the swap meet in the parts room which opens at 10 AM. Pizza and subs in the parts room at 6 PM. A few tech sessions during the day, tire kicking in the parking lot, and socializing all day long!

Saturday April 1st British Car Show and Tartan Day Festival at the Columbia Motor Speedway 8:30 – 3:30. Dinner at Hudson’s BBQ at 7:00 pm.

Sunday April 2nd Sunbeams head for home

Please let me know if you plan on joining us so we can have enough food and supplies for everyone. Make sure you reserve your hotel room early to get the best rates and fill out the car registration form and mail it soon!
Also this year if you are bringing a car trailer please let me know. We will have trailer parking in a locked parking lot near the hotel.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The block of hotel rooms at the special rate has expired-but you can call the hotel directly as per the note below

Good morning!
Unfortunately, once the cut off date has past, I cannot alter the block. The computer will not let me.
Luckily, there are plenty of rooms still available at the hotel level. They will need to call the hotel directly and we can push through the reservations into the block, and they can get the group discount.
I will let the front desk know to expect some calls for this group.
Thank you,

Peggy Kellerhals

Front Office Manager

Wingate by Wyndham

803-957-5000

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
UPDATE!
Over 20 Sunbeams registered for the show on Saturday so far and lots of folks coming minus a Sunbeam and all are welcome.
We even have a member flying in from Canada and one from California!
I have heard from many that they are bringing parts for our all day swap meet on Friday at the hotel.
It will be in the low 80's for both Friday and Saturday so wear shorts or a kilt.....
Safe travels to all and we are looking forward to seeing y'all.