CAT Member Listing Mark 1A - restored

The vehicle being listed is owned by the CAT member making this listing

MileHiTiger

New forum user
TACd # 1040. Mark 1A for sale. New paint to original color. Rebuilt 289, 5 bolt, dyno tuned - less than 500 miles. New Veredestein sprint tires. Custom radiator & fan. Free flow exhaust. Spax shocks. Refinished chrome, new bright work. New dashboard and clean gauges. New soft top, hardtop included. Gas tanks cleaned & resealed. New windshield. I have spent too much money and know very little about anything. The car looks great and runs like a top. I realized that since I can't do the work, I need to sell the car. In Denver - I'm thinking $75,000. Too high, too low?? Thanks for interest, questions and help in finding this baby a new home.

Attachments

• Tiger Driver Flowers.jpg
    Tiger Driver Flowers.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Tiger TAC.JPG
    Tiger TAC.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • Tiger Driver Side Softtop.jpg
    Tiger Driver Side Softtop.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Tiger Hardtop 1.JPG
    Tiger Hardtop 1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 247
  • Tiger Rear Trunk.jpg
    Tiger Rear Trunk.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 198
  • Tiger Engine.jpg
    Tiger Engine.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Tiger Mountain.jpg
    Tiger Mountain.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Tiger Driver Side Engine.jpg
    Tiger Driver Side Engine.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Tiger Inside Dashboard.jpg
    Tiger Inside Dashboard.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Tiger Passenger Profile.jpg
    Tiger Passenger Profile.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 191

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Very clean looking car, sill profiles look correct and clean. Its a solid price, but if the underside is as nice, just be patient..

A few more detail photos will help you.

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The vinyl on the hardtop is an interesting touch. Of course, a clock in the dash would be a handsome addition.

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A shroud would also add to the value. If you can't find one, they are available reproduction. I too, like the covered hard top. It would also help if you had pictures of the underneath as that would help in a decision of what your Tiger is worth. When you state it's restored, it would help to describe what was done and the type of restoration (rotisserie or not.) Hope this helps, Cliff

MileHiTiger

New forum user
Mark 1A For Sale

TACd # 1040. Mark 1A for sale. New paint to original color. Rebuilt 289, 5 bolt, dyno tuned - less than 500 miles. New Veredestein sprint tires. Custom radiator & fan. Free flow exhaust. Spax shocks. Refinished chrome, new bright work. New dashboard and clean gauges. New soft top, hardtop included. Gas tanks cleaned & resealed. New windshield. I have spent too much money and know very little about anything. The car looks great and runs like a top. I realized that since I can't do the work, I need to sell the car. In Denver - I'm thinking $75,000. Too high, too low?? Thanks for interest, questions and help in finding this baby a new home.

I'm sure that a clock would look great and maybe the next owner will buy one. The mechanic that did the work gave me the shroud to save - so yes I have it but have no clue its purpose. With respect to the underside, as a preventative, I bought the Panhard Mount Repair Kit from Mod Tiger Engineering and had it installed at the same time the free flow exhaust was installed, rebuilt the track bar mounts, resealed whatever and cleaned and undercoated the underside. All I know it cost $5390.50 and I trusted the work and team. No the paint job was not done on a rotisserie but engine, seats, truck were all out. Thanks for the input and I hope I have answered your questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0117 (1).jpg
    IMG_0117 (1).jpg
    706.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0207 (2).jpg
    IMG_0207 (2).jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0208 (6).jpg
    IMG_0208 (6).jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0210 (1).jpg
    IMG_0210 (1).jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0211 (2).jpg
    IMG_0211 (2).jpg
    573 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 130

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm sure that a clock would look great and maybe the next owner will buy one. The mechanic that did the work gave me the shroud to save - so yes I have it but have no clue its purpose./QUOTE]

The purpose of the shroud is to keep the engine run cooler.
What's the story on the bypassed heater valve. Looks like you have constant heat.

Warren

Gold forum user
I'd bet

The heater valve is a leaker, and could be the last straw for our strapped member.
The repops seem to come apart . I was going to suggest some reading material for the wrench impaired earlier when I saw the by passed valve.

MileHiTiger

New forum user
A shroud would also add to the value. If you can't find one, they are available reproduction. I too, like the covered hard top. It would also help if you had pictures of the underneath as that would help in a decision of what your Tiger is worth. When you state it's restored, it would help to describe what was done and the type of restoration (rotisserie or not.) Hope this helps, Cliff
From what I have been told, I have the shroud but it was not reinstalled as a new radiator and fan were installed. I will ask to find out why it has not been installed.

MileHiTiger

New forum user
The heater valve is a leaker, and could be the last straw for our strapped member.
The repops seem to come apart . I was going to suggest some reading material for the wrench impaired earlier when I saw the by passed valve.
I hate to plead ignorance but by now it probably is rather obvious. What I have been told is that the mechanic has been changed several times and there are warranty issues with it. Sunbeam Specialties don't carry them. Little British Car Company offer something that might work. I wanted to drive the carry and in Denver it is a touch chilly now and I am planning for springtime to get addressed. Yes, kind of last straw. I got it back made it 3 miles before it overheated. Now, it runs great without the heater valve.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice Example

Shroud will help, but installation clearance can be an issue with certain fans. The water valve headache will get resolved eventually. I've sent several now back to the supply guys for credits and eval. Price is in line with what it should be for a rare critter in good shape.