MORE ALTERNATOR

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Member DUKE MKIA, has a UTUBE video of his 347 sbf dyno run under "FORUM-PARTS FOR SALE".
On the video I see he has converted to an alternator using a high mount alternator bracket. When I converted to an alternator (a GM one wire) I fabricated a swinging mounting bracket by modifying a Fairlane generator bracket to fit my 351 windsor heads. At the time nothing was available for an easy bolt on. Since then Sandy @ GTS SPARKPLUG website chronicles how he modified a Moroso and National Parts Depot parts to mount his alternator. Rick at SS now shows a swinging mount similar to the original MKII mount. I have a "built" 289 with aluminum heads sitting on an engine stand awaiting instalation in my RED tiger. Is there an alternator bracket out there to mount a GM alternator to a TIGER without major modifications?

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Member DUKE MKIA, has a UTUBE video of his 347 sbf dyno run under "FORUM-PARTS FOR SALE"... Is there an alternator bracket out there to mount a GM alternator to a TIGER without major modifications?

A quick search turned up one from Paul Reisentz... $160 + $5 for extra GM adapter

http://www.reisentzrestorations.com/parts/parts.htm

I built the bracket that you see on Duke's car. I used a nice chrome Nippon Denso 1-wire alt and made the bracket out of some 1/2" aluminum bandsawed to shape . I sold it to him when I put in my Electro-hydraulic power steering as I wasn't sure if the 45 amp output would be enough and bought a larger GM style 100 amp unit that required a different mount.
http://www.proformparts.com/product-exec/product_id/628/nm/100_NEW_100_AMP_GM_ALTERNATOR_GM_INTERNAL_REGULATOR_CHROME/category_id/176
I made up yet another mount from 1/2" aluminum and just used an aftermarket piece for the tensioner. I also had my elec. guru put in a different reg. to make it into a '3-wire' so I could still hook up the 'gen.' light on the dash

Jim
B382000446

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I built the bracket that you see on Duke's car. I used a nice chrome Nippon Denso 1-wire alt and made the bracket out of some 1/2" aluminum bandsawed to shape . I sold it to him when I put in my Electro-hydraulic power steering as I wasn't sure if the 45 amp output would be enough and bought a larger GM style 100 amp unit that required a different mount.

And!......Jim gave me a hell of a deal too. Thanks again.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have a similar top bracket but with an adjustment rod.
6sgi94.jpg