my tiger 1967 mk1a

pjmotorsports

Bronze forum user
ok so ive posted a few times on here and i feel i should introduce myself,,my name is patrick and im at the fresh age of 31 now..my history of tigers stems back to my infant days of sitting in the back "seat"area of my dads tiger going to shows and local events,,every weekend since i was old enough to know what a car is my dad and i would go hop in the tiger and go show it off..as a kid i would wait for the summer to come just to ride in the tiger or travel with it to a sunbeam show,,i must say because of this car i saw the country to it fullest,,some shows i remember are suni 1 in colorado,suni 2 in lake geneva which my dad,david johnson helped run,suni in big sky and countless tiger uniteds and shelby club meets..here is a pic from suni in big sky from concours{bottom right on pavement is ours}
Show501.jpg

i will say our car has never been a trailor car so we packed the tiger up and DROVE it everywhere..ok so on to the car,its a 1967 mk1a tiger with stock motor and was in concours trim,this car has been in my family for over 30 years,and previous to that my dad had a 67 mk1a in british racing green that was wrecked racing right around the time i was just born..
img1252663500372.jpg

well thats how tiger sat for years in prestine condition and on a sad sunday morning i was driving to the british car show to meet my dad who runs registration and had a terrible accident,,the fulcrum pin snapped on the right side at a good speed and before you could blink an eye i was turned 180 degrees around looking at flipped over s.u.v and a light pole laying in the road,long story short the car was wrecked..worst day ever..lol

img1252663116704.jpg

img1252663538945.jpg

after that we went on the search for a equal caliber tiger to buy and just couldnt find anything,,so we started to rebuild and look for a donor alpine to supply some body panels..after finding one we started the rebuild phase..well 6 years later im still rebuilding the car,its almost done now and to my great surprise i didnt need the donor car..yay..all the work has been done solely by myself, my dad,and a very good tiger friend..since we work with limited funds and time this build has taken longer than expected but we are still very active in the sunbeam world..this tiger has made some strong memories for my family, and me and my dad both look forward to new memories with this car..here is how it sits now waiting for paint and ready to roll shortly after.
2-1.jpg

here is the new color borrowed from the new bmw
517370871_1cd0f6374d_o.jpg

zero2toy

Bronze forum user
Not that I havent seen your car, but all the pics say this photo has been moved or deleted. Check you links er something.

So your dad's tiger is painted or is not painted? Is that thing rolling around yet er what? If so we will have to line up our dad's tigers and make em watch us race em hehehehehhhe

pjmotorsports

Bronze forum user
Not that I havent seen your car, but all the pics say this photo has been moved or deleted. Check you links er something.

So your dad's tiger is painted or is not painted? Is that thing rolling around yet er what? If so we will have to line up our dad's tigers and make em watch us race em hehehehehhhe

photobucket sucks..thats pretty much all i can say..it deleted all my albums which in turn caused all my photo links to delete also..ok,on to the paint,yes it is painted and yes it does have motor in it..just dont have time to make it to aj"s house to get pictures and finish it up..it still needs a good 3 to 4 thousand to make it up to par for concours judging..and remember what happened last time we raced,,all you saw was red from my taillights!!lol..and lets not forget that little incident at route 66 dragway also...lol