Wanted Need a 2.88 gearset

bill37341

Bronze forum user
Anyone have a good gearset? Mine is pitted and is quite noisy. Thanks, Bill. (wsterchi@comcast dot net).

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Anyone have a good gearset? Mine is pitted and is quite noisy. Thanks, Bill. (wsterchi@comcast dot net).
Pitted ??? Never saw that to have any effect. Noise is a shim adjustment done carefully by someone who knows how to read the yellow paste pattern.

bill37341

Bronze forum user
I just got some bad news. Not only is the ring gear pitted and worn, but the carrier caps are mismatched. I either need expensive machining, or a different housing. Anyone have one fairly near east TN? (btw, the yellow pattern looked great).

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just got some bad news. Not only is the ring gear pitted and worn, but the carrier caps are mismatched. I either need expensive machining, or a different housing. Anyone have one fairly near east TN? (btw, the yellow pattern looked great).
I have a back burner project rear that needs a complete go thru. It sat wet and rusty for years but I gently got it apart and inspected it. Bearings are toast and stuck but they will press off. Someday projects have a tendency to get ignored around here. PM if you want to tackle it.

kenmat

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have a newly assembled 2:88 Posi Unit with all factory NOS parts for sale if you are interested..
Ken