Need wheel hub specs

MrBob

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I'm soon to recover a 1966 Mk II barn find from a remote locale. I want to take a couple of spare wheels/tires to help roll it out of the woods. I believe there are some Ford wheels that I could pick up at a junk yard. I have all of the wheel specs except the hub size. Anyone know the hub size?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
According to the drawing of the hub, the largest outside diameter of the hub is 2.62" The Rootes drawing of the hub was used as the background in a Tiger Tales article about hub failures. Unfortunately, it was used as background in a centerfold and is hard to read. As a CAT member, you have access to many of the back issues of Tiger Tales here on the Forum, in the CAT Member Area. The article is in the May-June 2016 edition of the newsletter.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Most any 13/14" 4x4.25 wheels will fit a sunbeam for the purposes of rolling them if the rim isn't more than 5.5" and tyres aren't massive ( issues will be front lock and catching the lower area of the valence where it meets the arch) can't think of a wheel that's had an issue with the centre of the hub.. and at worst you could pull the front dust caps off.