New LA County Road Race Track Needs Your Help!

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Believe it or not, a very nice guy named Tom Malloy is trying to get approval from LA County to build a 3.6 mile road race track in the western part of the Antelope Valley next to Fairmont Butte.

He’s asking for our help. He invites supporters to attend a Los Angeles County Planning Commission meeting at 9am on September 2nd in Room 150 at the Hall of Records Building in downtown L.A.

Letters can also be sent in, but they have to arrive by August 19th, so if you want to write you’d better hurry.

PM me if you want me to forward details. Also, there is a lot of information at the LA County Planning Department site:

http://planning.lacounty.gov/case/v...roject_no_02_176_fairmont_butte_racetrack_pr/

Tom’s planning a spectacular facility. It’s really first class. It’s way beyond any track I’ve ever been to.

By the way, this is the same Tom Malloy who's hosting our October CAT membership meeting at his shop in Corona where we will be able to tour his extensive race car collection.

I think we should give him all the support we can.

At the Beach

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Update

This was received by E-mail yesterday and is posted with Jim's consent:

Jim Saxton wrote:

Greetings to all, Today Marshall Buck and I attended a hearing with the Regional Planning Commission regarding the new track proposed for Lancaster. The bottom line is that the staff has recommended that the project go forward, but the antagonists are not through yet. They feel that the Poppies will be dramatically affected by the track!!!! There were about 45 people who spoke in favor of the project and seemed to be well received. Tom Malloy who is heading the project was thankful for our support. We hope that it happens and gives us another date and place to run our cars. Thank all of you that supported the project with your cards and letters. The board acknowledged the fact that they had received a large number. Warm Regards, Jim and Cherie Saxton, West Coast Racing Inc. and we look forward to seeing you in November.

(See Calender Open Track Oct 31- Nov 1 Event)

Last edited: