Newly Chromed Top Clamps

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
I have a pair of the clamps that hold the top to the windshield that have been freshly chromed. They were taken apart before being re-chromed. The mounting hinges were professionally buffed out. A new stainless steel pivot pin was also installed.

Asking $150 plus shipping.

Private message me if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Hinge pin.jpg

Hinges.jpg

Top Chrome.jpg

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I turn down stainless fasteners, 6-32 I think. I turn the heads down to little buttons, drill one and turn the other down to a press fit and press together.

IMG_2482.jpg

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I turn down stainless fasteners, 6-32 I think. I turn the heads down to little buttons, drill one and turn the other down to a press fit and press together.

View attachment 17783
I would be glad to anti-up for a dozen of those. I've be using ridged nail gun stock. Have a bunch of triple chromed latches waiting for me to assemble them.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
I noticed that the site blows the pictures up pretty big and makes it look blurry. I can email pictures to anyone that is interested.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would also be interested in several of those - I have several latches I could rechrome but no clue how to put back together after chroming.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would also be interested in several of those - I have several latches I could rechrome but no clue how to put back together after chroming.
My high end chrome guys used to do all of it for me, but as the older talents retired, the services shrunk. Now I own drift pins and supports that I don’t want.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I just make new pins from 1/8" stainless welding rod. they're a breeze to put back together