No hood latch?

MrBob

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
New guy, Mr. Bob here. Recently rescued my deceased brother-in-law's '66 Mk II from 30 years in the Sierra Woods. I was hoping it would be in better shape but it's quite rough. I would feel better about it if I could get the hood open & see the engine. I think the hood latch should be under the dash, over your left knee. I see nothing. Help?View attachment DSC_0026.jpeg

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mr. Bob,

The hood release is right of center of the dashboard and the support for it bolts to the right side dashboard brace. Look for it there.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hood release is just to the right side of the radio in this photo. It's the same on all cars.

100_0565.JPG

MrBob

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Mr. Bob,

The hood release is right of center of the dashboard and the support for it bolts to the right side dashboard brace. Look for it there.
Thank you. Makes since these were originally right hand drive. Engine is ugly, no carb, all of the fluids except engine oil seem to have 'disappeared'.

KenF

Gold forum user
Welcome to the site Bob! All us Tiger fanatics would love to see more pictures of course. And lots of folks here can offer advice on the best way forward, getting it back on the road, or whatever your plans are.
I would suggest for now, scour the place where it was stored, for any and all little bits and pieces that may have been removed from the car. Even if you're not quite sure it's really a Tiger part, grab it. You'd be surprised how much some of those little parts would cost to replace. Good luck!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
New guy, Mr. Bob here. Recently rescued my deceased brother-in-law's '66 Mk II from 30 years in the Sierra Woods. I was hoping it would be in better shape but it's quite rough. I would feel better about it if I could get the hood open & see the engine. I think the hood latch should be under the dash, over your left knee. I see nothing. Help?View attachment 18245
Welcome to the mania.