Oil filter

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I have heard that the remote oil filter can be removed and a shorter filter can be attached directly to the block. Can anyone tell me the part number for the filter and if a male to male pipe is needed to be screwed into the block to receive the new filter ?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have heard that the remote oil filter can be removed and a shorter filter can be attached directly to the block. Can anyone tell me the part number for the filter and if a male to male pipe is needed to be screwed into the block to receive the new filter ?
Hi Tony! Welcome to the C.A.T. Forum.

There are a lot of threads dealing with eliminating the stock, remote oil filter setup and install a short filter directly on the block using a right angle adapter. You might want to do a SEARCH within this Forum for "oil filter" and you will see a lot of threads to check out.

Good luck!
David

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Hi Tony! Welcome to the C.A.T. Forum.

There are a lot of threads dealing with eliminating the stock, remote oil filter setup and install a short filter directly on the block using a right angle adapter. You might want to do a SEARCH within this Forum for "oil filter" and you will see a lot of threads to check out.

Good luck!
David
Thanks

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
If you have a stock oil pan the right angle oil filter adapter works and you can use the full size filter. Ford motorsport may still carry
them.
1627523754276.jpeg

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Anyone try the Ford Racing 90 degree adapter M6880-B50 with the latest version of the club headers?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
My personal opinion is that it puts the oil filter uncomfortably close to the header down tube. in a car with over heating issues built in, it hardly helps to have a heat source right next to the oil filter.

I understand why people go this route as oil changes on a Tiger car be very messy, add to that the problem with leaking oil hoses... BTW, I make hoses that do not leak!

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I have run the oil filter behind the headlight, used the shortie filter, an adapter upside down on the L head, the Econoline 90 degree adapter, and even stock - pretty much every position but on the bellhousing. All have problems. I have not tried a filter right side up on the L head and simple enough by buying yet another adapter.

Yes heat is a concern when nestled up to a hot tube, even if ceramic coated, and that is making me lean toward my mid 70's method with the filter behind the headlight but hose routing is problematic

Non-leaking hoses on the stock set up would be nice, but still not so easy to change the filter.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I have run the oil filter behind the headlight, used the shortie filter, an adapter upside down on the L head, the Econoline 90 degree adapter, and even stock - pretty much every position but on the bellhousing. All have problems. I have not tried a filter right side up on the L head and simple enough by buying yet another adapter.

Yes heat is a concern when nestled up to a hot tube, even if ceramic coated, and that is making me lean toward my mid 70's method with the filter behind the headlight but hose routing is problematic

Non-leaking hoses on the stock set up would be nice, but still not so easy to change the filter.
completely agree about oil changes! always a mess!!!

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Anyone try the Ford Racing 90 degree adapter M6880-B50 with the latest version of the club headers?
I have this setup, and have to run the narrower (PH3600-type) filter. Not too close to header (about 3/8") but I'm planning a switch to a larger pan and Canton remote filter once I figure out an adapter that clears everything.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I have this setup, and have to run the narrower (PH3600-type) filter. Not too close to header (about 3/8") but I'm planning a switch to a larger pan and Canton remote filter once I figure out an adapter that clears everything.
Thanks for the confirmation on fit, but as Sean points out, that puts a very hot tube too close to the filter for my liking as well.