Wanted Original Ford Distributor for Early Tiger

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello

I am seeking a Ford Distributor ID C4OF-12127-A, assembly date code prior to Oct 63 a plus, but not a showstopper. Any reasonable condition.

I am in the process of building a correct 260 that replicates the E7KL engine group engine that was originally in my Tiger (0033). I have gathered many correctly dated 260 engine parts but still need a distributor.

Thanks.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is one on ebay right now. I have one that I will rebuild. As I posted before on this, a new shaft seems to be unobtainium. The bushing is available.
I am going to try a new shaft out of a modern replacement distributor.
Good luck.

Warren

Gold forum user
Shop with the Falcon guys .
Just out of curiosity...
How do you deal with the early vacuum advance canister if its rubber diaphragm is toast.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I looked on eBay…many that are close but none with the ID number I am looking for.

Have not given a thought to compromised rubber diaphragm. Finding the correct one is hard enough. I will cross the next bridge when I get to it…probably pay somebody that is familiar with rebuilding them.

Warren

Gold forum user
I think do have one in a pile someplace but it's got BAD written on the vacuum canister and they appear to be as they say no user serviceable parts.
1661207233685.png

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the leads. Might be time to cross that bridge and find out how/who repairs the vacuum canister rubber. Thanks

fjohn49

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hello

I am seeking a Ford Distributor ID C4OF-12127-A, assembly date code prior to Oct 63 a plus, but not a showstopper. Any reasonable condition.

I am in the process of building a correct 260 that replicates the E7KL engine group engine that was originally in my Tiger (0033). I have gathered many correctly dated 260 engine parts but still need a distributor.

Thanks.
I have a 12127-C Would you be interested in a slight code number variation?

20230123_142548.jpg

20221110_134625.jpg

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fjohn

Thanks for thinking of me, but I really want the correct part Number. Plus your date code is a couple years too late. I have a line on one but the cost will not be cheap.

Thanks

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Hello

Thanks.
try Mr55s in Victoria....

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I bought mine on ebay and rebuilt it. There are not a lot available, but they do appear sometimes.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fjohn

Thanks for thinking of me, but I really want the correct part Number. Plus your date code is a couple years too late. I have a line on one but the cost will not be cheap.

Thanks
Sent you a PM about the distributor

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello

Thanks.

There is one listed on this forum in 'PARTS FOR SALE' unless you have already found one.

Rick

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Tiger distributor that I have was made 1964, June, 5th week. (4FE) good clean distributor with an oiler. Hard to find these ones. I also have a Tiger Z5TF with a Build date of 1965 January, first week (5AA)

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Tiger distributor that I have was made 1964, June, 5th week. (4FE) good clean distributor with an oiler. Hard to find these ones. I also have a Tiger Z5TF with a Build date of 1965 January, first week (5AA)
Tim Walsh may be looking for the distributor that you mention.

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello

Thanks.

Search item number 175744791127 on ebay if you haven't seen this one for sale yet.

Rick

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello

Thanks.

Here is another on ebay. search item number 334569745213.

Rick

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Steve, thank you for the info, how do I get in touch with Tim?
Brian
You can find him on FB in the Tiger group. He's a Ford guy with ties to the Shelby restoration community. Think that he and his dad resto'd the GT350 3x since new as his dad drives it regularly.