Quick time bellhousing

hptiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I am having trouble with a quick time bellhousing and the clutch fork bending the pivot bracket. When it first came to my place the bracket was bent towards the outer edge of the bellhousing. The pivot was bolted on with the .600 spacer and after measuring a few stock bellhousing I installed a .300 spacer to be closer to stock depth. After driVing the car a couple hundred miles it is bent again. Slave cylinder is square to fork arm and aligned. Anyone have this issue with quick time housing

jbarnes67

New forum user
I had this same problem with my QuickTime scatter shield. I also had to notch the corner slightly so that the salve cylinder bracket would fit smoothly. I ended up cutting a small triangle piece of metal to fit onto the inside radius of the clutch arm bracket and welding it in with a thick bead to help strengthen the area. I haven’t had a problem since and I am running a Ram dual disc clutch and I am pretty hard on it during autocross season.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I am about to attempt fitting a Quick Time bell #6065 that mates directly to a T5 transmission.

I understand that the stock Tiger fork will work, but do not know if I need a spacer under the fork mount, and if so how thick that spacer needs to be.
Anyone done this?

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I am about to attempt fitting a 6 bolt Quick Time bell #6065 that mates directly to a T5 transmission.

I understand that the stock Tiger fork will work, but do not know if I need a spacer under the fork mount, and if so how thick that spacer needs to be.
Anyone done this?

Installing this now and QuickTime supplied a 0.5" mounting block for the clutch fork arm.
Note that this QT bell bolts to the T5 directly and does not use an adaptor.

This is what I have from QT. Note the spacer block and pivot bracket
http://transmission.moderndriveline.com/speed/pc/Bellhousing-QuickTime-6-bolt-SB-Ford-T-5-3550-TKO-SFI-6-1-p84.htm

Looks like I might need this and have asked Modern Driveline
http://transmission.moderndriveline.com/speed/pc/Fulcrum-adapter-kit-use-early-linkage-65-66-in-T-5-TKO-late-model-bellhousings-8p124.htm

Last edited:

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Modern Driveline tells me that the 0.5" spacer block and pivot bracket as supplied by QT with the bell will work with our 9.25" fork

The accessory part I referenced is for use with a cast bell and T5 box