Race Tiger on Jay Leno's garage

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I couldnt get the page to work for some reason.. but 2 days back they had a car listed as a "1954" sunbeam tiger (the black roadster) that car is the Loraine Gurry (sp?) Sunbeam Tiger that she raced at the Monterey historics this year. The car is visually similar to the HSC55 car.

I assume the other link if from the same event might be the 1964 Le Mans Tiger mule that was racing there at the same event.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Here is another shot from Monterey.

vqp9pe.jpg

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Lorraine Gruys has been racing this Tiger for several years. She apparently ended up with several Tigers after the divorce from Chris.

At the races, the track announcers have referred to it as having history with Alan Frasier Racing which many Tiger historians have doubted.

However recent documentation has surfaced that suggests it has much more significant provenance and is actually one of the famous missing Tigers with mid-sixties race history. I have no way of knowing the authenticity of this new documentation.

I understand that it is being researched and I imagine that the Gruyses will let us know if they learn something definitive regarding its provenance.

BTW, for those interested in Tiger racing trivia, the Tiger that it is suspected to be is the one Don Bolton and Art Latta drove to something like a 12th place finish in the 1965 Daytona race.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Them Memories

Thx for the photo; reminds me of how much of a wrestling match each & every corner was before we gained some suspension savvy . . . . . .

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Lorraine Gruys has been racing this Tiger for several years. She apparently ended up with several Tigers after the divorce from Chris.

At the races, the track announcers have referred to it as having history with Alan Frasier Racing which many Tiger historians have doubted.

However recent documentation has surfaced that suggests it has much more significant provenance and is actually one of the famous missing Tigers with mid-sixties race history. I have no way of knowing the authenticity of this new documentation.

Doesnt she own the actual fraser "monster tiger" the one in the scottish flag livery with the large wheel arch lares and soltaire on the roof? Maybe they confused the two cars?

sunbeam%20tiger%20289%20fraser..JPG

Last edited: