Wanted Radio Console

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
IMG_4841.jpeg
Looking for speaker edge trim and the corrugated silver plate. Is there something out there close that can be cut to fit behind the radio, any suggestions appreciated, Joe

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I made the corrugated silver plate out of aluminum flashing and made a male and female die to press in the corrugations. I made the dies by stringing correctly sized wire back and forth on a piece of plywood. The two dies were just offset so they would make ridge when squezzed together. I could not buy the correct number of corrugations per inch from anywhere I found. I also tried milling a piece of aluminum with a small ball mill but that did not look right. I have no idea where to buy or how to make the edge trim.
The cardboard I made out of black panel board. The brackets to hold it I fabricated to copy photos that are online. Unfortunately, I had never seen the radio console before except in photos.

IMG_6209.jpeg

Last edited:

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for sharing as it got me thinking of a possible solution. If anyone has any spare console parts please message me. Joe

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for sharing as it got me thinking of a possible solution. If anyone has any spare console parts please message me. Joe
A few years back a guy in the UK sold repro face plates and also whole consoles on eBay . User ID was ambergranite iirc.