Riddle me this batman -

wag123

Gold forum user
Since valve covers and clearances have been addressed- Does anyone have a quick and dirty method of dealing with the left rear valve cover bolt, with the engine in the vehicle? Tom Hall back in the 70s had a tech tip about using about 2.5 in long bolt with numerous nuts so you would finger thread it, then tighten it with an open end wrench on the bolt head. The hole in the firewall is a waste and none of my 1/4 in drive sockets/extensions seem to be the right size. Fortunately I have'nt had the need to remove the valve covers since I got rid of the solid lifter cam!
Allen head bolts will do the trick.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Really Skinny Fingers

Since valve covers and clearances have been addressed- Does anyone have a quick and dirty method of dealing with the left rear valve cover bolt, with the engine in the vehicle? Tom Hall back in the 70s had a tech tip about using about 2.5 in long bolt with numerous nuts so you would finger thread it, then tighten it with an open end wrench on the bolt head. The hole in the firewall is a waste and none of my 1/4 in drive sockets/extensions seem to be the right size. Fortunately I have'nt had the need to remove the valve covers since I got rid of the solid lifter cam!

I don't think mother Ford had Tigers in mind when they place the bolt locations on the VC's.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
If I found a hard to get at bolt I would switch out the set to allen heads. I had a about all swapped out but when I had engine work done the mechanic swapped everything back to standard. Still that way :mad:.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
She's in. Stopping for the night. Did it solo once again from the bottom. Having two floor jacks would make it easier. My average is 5 hours from rolling it under the car to this point. That includes some beer breaks.............just some.

004-13.jpg

005-9.jpg

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Looking good Duke !! Does your wife know you swiped her white towels from the bathroom:D Did you change gears in the tranny ???

moondoggie

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Looking good Duke !! Does your wife know you swiped her white towels from the bathroom:D Did you change gears in the tranny ???

moondoggie

Yes, but they are hotel towels, I travel a lot. Sadly, no. The $650 to fix the damaged cylinder blew any tranny change budget.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
So...how do you install the front suspension by yourself in a Tiger???? -

003-12.jpg

004-14.jpg

With a little help from a floor jack. Will bolt it in tomorrow. Should have it running NLT Wednesday.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
I made myself up this to balance the cross member on. Has exhaust tube going up into the springs and a pin which goes into the hole in the centre of the cross member. Used it the other day and it worked a treat.

12032ceb.jpg