SA Tiger for sale

steven

Gold forum user
If someone is interested there is a Tiger from South Africa for sale here in Aus. If somone is interested, email me I can send the link. Too difficult to copy the piccies where I am at the moment. No association etc.
Steven

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steven,

assume that this is the car you are reffering to:
51b74dd1-1398-49e7-bdc9-1948123e5f88-xlg.jpg

c2cd63cc-e898-4097-88aa-bc31a712b0e5-xlg.jpg

3c680880-fb6a-418e-b9ff-9f5ae31a5035-xlg.jpg

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars...egory=&search_location_state=&item_position=0

what i really dont get is the VIN and engine numbers.. both are to short for a normal tiger.. and the engine number lokos like a tiger vin, but does not match it's VIN.

Engine number stated as: B947248
VIN stated as: B9472401

Is the car an original South aftrican assembled CKD car.. in which case it will also have a SAL tag... or was it imported into South Africa?

Also, IIRC the owner only brought it out mid this year?

steven

Gold forum user
Yes, that is the car. He also bought out a series 2 Alpine. Bruce and Bob from our QLD Sunbeam club went and spoke to the chap and viewed the cars. I was invited however was away at the time. When I saw the photo's I commented that the spare was upright, the spec plate showed Alpine 260 and was new. I then rang the chap and mentioned the VIN plate being important and he duly sent the image of the vin. He also mentioned the car is registered on the US register. the vin reads B9472401 HROFE
3520 58 527KA

Oops, regarding the engine he says its a 302 not the origional 260.

Cheers
Steven

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steven,

i know the engine is not original being it's a 302.. but he listed the engine number on the net as a Tiger vin... and not one that matched the car.. so was curious as to where that came from.

As Graham has pointed out the car is a HRO car so not a "south african" tiger, but one that went there. On the spare wheel, I dodnt worry about that as you can see what looks like the securing mount and bolt under the carpet...

what did surpise me is where the battery went? :confused:

david duncanson

Bronze forum user
Dem pesky injuns?

Oh!, i know this car. Midlands of England based. The car was titled "slippery when wet" and was used a a drag car. It featured in UK "Custom Car Magazine"............ Nuff Said.

Warren

Gold forum user
boat name

Sailed with PHRF boats named slippery when wet.
Seen more than one Tiger with an Alpine battery box.
That is the po man's fix rather then source a 12' or so battery cable.
Not to mention easy off easy on charger or long term parking disconnect.
I suspect Kittys really don't like being wet especially given the lame drain in the scuttle
Duckbills I mean really WTH were they thinking.
Maybe I have become spoiled with newer cars but the noise from the flop of the false floor over a speed bump is just another part of the fun..
Well at least after realization of what the flop noise is on first hearing it.
Given the ingenuity and down right cheap fixes I've seen not much suprisies me.

david duncanson

Bronze forum user
how de doody?

gosh wrong again ! What a suprise that these two "sunbeams" ended up in the land of "OZ" you would need to be a Wizard to work them both out?