seeking the history of B9470827

birdfan56

New forum user
CAT Member
Greetings all, having spent several years owning and restoring alpines, i finally found a tiger project that i couldn't resist. It appears to be a solid prospect for restoration, especially for its lack of rust and work completed by the previous owner. At this point, I am seeking any information available on its history and documentation before i begin the journey to getting it back on the road. I am hoping to tap into the extensive knowledge of this group for suggestions and advice as i proceed. The history of the car is a little complicated as the original vin tag was removed when it was stolen and recovered back in 1977. The engine block code by the distributor is 3K31. (oct 63?) it is only four digits, not 5. If i am reading things correctly, it would have been assembled in sept 64, Titled in ca as a 1965 model. It appears to be an originally BRG-forrest green car. According to the PO, the car has not been tac'd, although it has been inspected and verified by the CHP. Comments?

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Greetings all, having spent several years owning and restoring alpines, i finally found a tiger project that i couldn't resist. It appears to be a solid prospect for restoration, especially for its lack of rust and work completed by the previous owner. At this point, I am seeking any information available on its history and documentation before i begin the journey to getting it back on the road. I am hoping to tap into the extensive knowledge of this group for suggestions and advice as i proceed. The history of the car is a little complicated as the original vin tag was removed when it was stolen and recovered back in 1977. The engine block code by the distributor is 3K31. (oct 63?) it is only four digits, not 5. If i am reading things correctly, it would have been assembled in sept 64, Titled in ca as a 1965 model. It appears to be an originally BRG-forrest green car. According to the PO, the car has not been tac'd, although it has been inspected and verified by the CHP. Comments?
Erik Estrada ?

Warren

Gold forum user
So CHP put a California ID on it. There were a couple cars on Norms list that had a Cali. ID number. The motor sounds a little early but look to the casting date as well. There's an engine study here for comparison. Guessing that you have the drivetrain numbers available as that's always helpful. As you may know TAC will only be concerned about the shell being a Tiger and if a state ID is on it that's what will be on the certificate.