Sonoma 2023 TU Information

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
STOA's Official TU Site: https://sunbeamtiger.org/index.php/home-page/tu42/112-tigers-united-xlii-1

Hotel Reservations are open. (Only 50 rooms available for us) ($170-$180/night) https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/TF94Q9
Event Registration is also open. ($250 for full participant) https://sunbeamtiger.org/index.php/home-page/tu42/111-tigers-united-xli-3

Chairman Don Whitely says that TU 42 will be a bit different than other Uniteds.
It will be held , Wednesday, June 14 through Saturday, June 17 - not the traditional Thursday - Sunday.
  • Wednesday Evening - welcome get-together TBD
  • Thursday - Auto-x at Sonoma Speedway
  • Friday - Rally, Quiz, etc.
  • Saturday - Concours at Sonoma Plaza and Awards Dinner TBD

CAT President Dan MacMedan points out that this past year's TU in Santa Maria sold out all its 50 room block.
Make your reservation before they run ouy (again).

Buck

's
Buck

Last edited:

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
For those who may be visiting from out of town, we live in Marin, about seven miles south of where the Inn Marin is located and 20 minutes (without traffic) from the raceway. If you are looking for places to eat, attractions, hiking etc. let us know what you like and we can make recommendations.

We are super excited for this event. We will be there with our (assumed at this point) Tiger to have it TAC'ed. Hopefully driving, but if not, I will trailer it.

Klaus

Last edited:

Hoghead

Gold forum user
For those who may be visiting from out of town, we live in Marin, about seven miles south of where the Inn Marin is located and 20 minutes (without traffic) from the raceway. If you are looking for places to eat, attractions, hiking etc. let us know what you like and we can make recommendations.

We are super excited for this event. We will be there with our (assumed at this point) Tiger to have it TAC'ed. Hopefully driving, but if not, I will trailer it.

Klaus
Trailer 7 miles - I am planning to drive from Vancouver Canada just like I did for TU 1-3

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Trailer 7 miles - I am planning to drive from Vancouver Canada just like I did for TU 1-3
It hasn't been driven in about 35 years. It's in pieces right now as we work through getting it drivable again. Good travels from Vancouver. Reach out if you need assistance.
Klaus

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
My wife and I are all set to make the journey and meet our new accomplices. Our room is secured at the Inn and registration confirmed. I am looking forward to getting the car TAC'd and showing it on the lawn. Safe travels to all and we'll see you there!

KenF

Gold forum user
Last year was our first TU event, in Santa Maria. We had a great time! As newbies, it was fun to finally meet the people behind the familiar names on this forum. But some people here are mostly known by their CAT user id, not their real name. I'm sure I talked to, or greeted folks, not realizing who they were on this forum. Now, I'd probably never wear a name tag myself throughout the event. But I don't think my Tiger would mind if a small sticker was placed on the lower windshield, with my CAT forum user id. Long time members will likely think this as a crazy idea, since they know most everyone. But for relatively new members, it would be a good way to finally link a forum user id to the actual person, and perhaps an icebreaker to strike up a conversation with fellow members. Anyway, just an idea, entirely optional of course.

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am trying to get information about trailer parking for this year's Tigers United. I emailed the address listed on the site for more information, but have not received an answer. I am not a member of STOA, so I'm not sure who to contact about it. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Steven Alcala

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
My wife and I went by Inn Marin last weekend to check it out and there is a fair amount of parking. The truck and trailer situation is definitely first come first serve. They have 5 rooms being occupied on Tuesday, the masses show up Wednesday.

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
For those looking for trailer parking, Are you asking about parking at the event for a non street legal car? Or towing your car and need a spot for your truck and trailer? I may be able to assist with the latter less than 10 minutes from the hotel. PM me.

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
For those looking for trailer parking, Are you asking about parking at the event for a non street legal car? Or towing your car and need a spot for your truck and trailer? I may be able to assist with the latter less than 10 minutes from the hotel. PM me.
Thanks for your reply--I will try to PM you if I can figure that out. I am in need of a place to park my trailer, after I unhook it from my van. My Tiger is street legal. I have not heard back from STOA yet, but am hoping to get more info from them and will share here. Steven Alcala

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My wife and I went by Inn Marin last weekend to check it out and there is a fair amount of parking. The truck and trailer situation is definitely first come first serve. They have 5 rooms being occupied on Tuesday, the masses show up Wednesday.
Thanks so much for the info!