Spare Wheel/Tyre

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
As a relative newbie to Tiger ownership, I am finding out about the car as I go. She came with 15” wheels and retains the 4 lug pattern though the spare wheel is 13”. The fitted tyre on the spare is relatively wide which then means the trunk shelf sits on the tyre and is not able to rest on the Dzeus brackets.

I have purchased Peugeot Brembo callipers for the front and am going down the road in the near future of installing them. This will mean that the spare will no longer fit as the Brembo callipers dictate that a 15” wheel is required to fit .

Can members advise what would be a suitable 15” spare wheel replacement with the 4” stud pattern that would fit in the trunk and allow the trunk shelf to sit flat on the Dzeus brackets?

steven

Gold forum user
I used a 155x70x13 tire on the standard rim. The diameter size is almost the same as my 15 wheels with 225x40 tires. They way I see it if I get a flat front, will put a rear on the front and the spare on the rear.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
(Theo?)

You need to check for caliper clearance, but for AU sourcing .. Peugeot 206 wheels iirc are 15" with 4x108 and the gti had a space saver so that might also work for sitting under the false floor amd leeting it seat to the fasteners.

Warren

Gold forum user
Stang

I have a nice aluminum fox body Mustang one. It does clear the stock brakes but didn't not sure on the bigger brake clearence.