Sunbeam drag racer on Barn Finds

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry, but when I copied and pasted the web address just now, I got the "Page Not Found - This page no longer exists or has moved" message. Guess I was too slow. But thanks for posting the information. Maybe it will pop up somewhere else.

KenF

Gold forum user
Link works without copy and paste, just clicking it works for me. Try:

https://barnfinds.com/drag-racing-h...tm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter+(Daily)

Interesting pictures in Craigslist ad. Probably a scary car to drive back in the day. Hope someone can bring it back to the strip. (y)

tiger-racing.jpg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting. But that hardtop looks more like the stock aluminum hardtop for a Series 1 or 2 Alpine, which would not fit a Tiger without modifications (the body or the hardtop). Just look at the shape of the cutout for the side window to see that it was not designed for a Tiger or a Series 3 - 5 Alpine. But it does have the windwings in front of the side windows, like a Tiger or Series 3 - 5 Alpine.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes to sI/II top. You can see the screen fit at sides of screen is not right. The rear pins will work.. Side b posts you have to bolt down.. Obviously sidr windows wont work.

There is a dark blue tiger with silver early top that rallies in germany.. They made perspex side windows and use the early screen

Warren

Gold forum user
This car was at a couple meetings at Sarris shop. He's pulling out in favor of a Bronco and 69 Fastback projects.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Carlsbad Raceway!!

BOSS!

Bitchen!

Groovy!

I'm Digging it!

We were JUST there (at the site of the old Raceway) for the CAT/Miniature Museum meeting.

Small World Dept.

DW

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dan, you left out one of your favorites from your time as editor of Tiger Tales...FAR OUT!