T-5 alternatives

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Micheal,

You have very good eye's !!! It's very close and Bill Martin get's all of
the credit as it is his design and similiar to the HSC55 car. The difference is the hood scoop which is a metal fabricated LAT45 scoop, the 55 car had a scoop that was more pointed at the opening like a 55 Tbird. Here are some better pictures....you might notice the workmanship on the hood !! Dan & Stavros Pardini are amazing...there is no body filler on the car

Yes, the transmission goes in without modifying the body or tunnel anywhere.
Bill will be making a video of the installation soon.

Moondoggie

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Paint

Micheal,

You have very good eye's !!! It's very close and Bill Martin get's all of
the credit as it is his design and similiar to the HSC55 car. The difference is the hood scoop which is a metal fabricated LAT45 scoop, the 55 car had a scoop that was more pointed at the opening like a 55 Tbird. Here are some better pictures....you might notice the workmanship on the hood !! Dan & Stavros Pardini are amazing...there is no body filler on the car

Yes, the transmission goes in without modifying the body or tunnel anywhere.
Bill will be making a video of the installation soon.

Moondoggie

Is that a single stage paint ??

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Duke........

It is in the same location as the HSC55 Tiger and that is known to work
well. The opening is centered right over the carb and is also exactly the same
as the 427 SC Cobras and I know for a fact that scoop worked well at over
150 mph....I never had the balls to go any faster !!!

Moondoggie

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Duke........

It is in the same location as the HSC55 Tiger and that is known to work
well. The opening is centered right over the carb and is also exactly the same
as the 427 SC Cobras and I know for a fact that scoop worked well at over
150 mph....I never had the balls to go any faster !!!

Moondoggie

OK, cool. Thanks for clarifying.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Is it too shiny??.....Check out the reflection in the door !!

This is a Base / clear coat paint job on a scale from 1-100 for a show
car finish it has to be around a 99 if not a 100...

Moondoggie

I see Ken Epsman's green 77 car in the background--is it stored there or having work done?

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Dang another set of good eye's !!!! Pardini did two Can Am cars ahead of mine
and both will be shown at the concours on the avenue in Carmel August 14th
and will race that weekend. Folmer's Mustang being the other car see picture
Kinda nice for racecar paint...

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Here are a couple of more pictures of the Can Am cars.... Now that I think about it maybe they weren't all that slow after all as both of these cars
needed a ton of work......

Moondoggie

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael,

Sorry to not have responded earlier. That hood actually reminds me quite a bit of the hood Ted Sutton installed on the Shelby American Tiger in mid 1964. From the outside, they are almost identical. From the inside, Ted's was much cruder.

Ted was very familiar with the 427 Cobra hood scoop and installed it along with the rectangular vents on the Shelby Tiger around June of 1964.

In 1965, Doanne followed Ted's lead when he set up the HSC Tiger for the 1965 season. However Doanne did not use the 427 scoop but duplicated a T-bird scoop for the HSC car.

(You may recall that Ted was the fabricator who built Shelby's first 427 Cobra - the one Ken Miles ended up "bagging" a tree with at Sebring in March, 1964.)

Duke, I agree with Moondoggie. A friend of mine ran the numbers and the ram air effect at the speeds we run has a very tiny effect on HP so we opted for a 427 scoop on the race Tiger, located in the same location that Ted used. Then we mated it to a "turkey roaster" tub from the Cobras. (There is a huge HP increase resulting from using cooler outside air for combustion than using hot engine compartment air. Maybe 10%.)

bt