TAC Website on STOA

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I hadn't been to STOA site for a while but just checked and it only gives the TAC# if you type in the VIN... but not the other way around unless that's a 'members only' feature that I can't access ...it's the same as it always was

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Try Again

I had thought the same thing, until someone told me that I could use just the TAC number to get information from the STOA website. I tried it and could get the information about a car, using only the TAC number.

Here is how I did it. I went to STOA's TAC webpage (https://sunbeamtiger.org/index.php/component/content/category/16-club). Then I clicked on TAC List. Near the bottom of the resulting page, I typed in the TAC number into the box next to "Cert #:" and then hit my enter button. Below the different possible inputs is the information about the car whose TAC number was just inputted. That info includes Cert #, VIN #, VIN Suffix, Color Code, Date, City, and License.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
If I use your link I get a page with the 'TAC list' option but if I just go to the home page and click the TAC tab at the top middle ( or even click it from your TAC list page ) and it changes to what is in the screen capture below ... I can find no way once I'm on the site to get back to the page link you have once I click on another page link

Attachments

• TAC page.png
    TAC page.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 72

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I will say the list is WAY out of date. I typed in mine for fun.. And it came up with the location and owner details from 2003.
Ive had the car since 2006 and provided the details when acquired.

I am.quite sure the TRIOST used to have current details for my car.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Lost In the Fog

Yup: I went looking for TAC 009 which we owned for a while and found no records at all even though we had updated at time of acquisition and resale.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It is There

Yup: I went looking for TAC 009 which we owned for a while and found no records at all even though we had updated at time of acquisition and resale.

Try leaving off the two zeros. It will bring up "9" as well as a bunch of "90's".

(I have no affiliation with with the TAC website, but like to solve puzzles by trying different things.)

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
just for fun

I put in my vin # and all the info on my car showed up- hard to believe it's been 20 years since I had it TAC'd.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Try Again

I had thought the same thing, until someone told me that I could use just the TAC number to get information from the STOA website. I tried it and could get the information about a car, using only the TAC number.

Here is how I did it. I went to STOA's TAC webpage (https://sunbeamtiger.org/index.php/component/content/category/16-club). Then I clicked on TAC List. Near the bottom of the resulting page, I typed in the TAC number into the box next to "Cert #:" and then hit my enter button. Below the different possible inputs is the information about the car whose TAC number was just inputted. That info includes Cert #, VIN #, VIN Suffix, Color Code, Date, City, and License.
That link doesn't seem to work anymore... :(