TC Concours info by Steven Alcala

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have once again been asked to chair this year's TU Concours at Santa Maria, Sunday, June 19 at the Cottonwood Canyon Winery, 3940 Dominion Rd,

We will be using the same scoring sheet used at TU Big Bear, and other past CAT-hosted Uniteds.

We will need about ten volunteer judges to conduct the Concours. All judges must be registered for TU. A Spectator pass suffices. Judges cannot have a car entered into the Concours.

There is little shade at the Concours site, so please bring a hat and sunscreen.

There will be a Display Only area. Even if your are not having your car judged, please show it in the Display Only area.

The Concours is scheduled to run from 10 am to 2 pm, but if all goes well it should only take 2-21/2 hours. You must be by your car for it to be judged. Thank you for your patience (especially always the large personalized class).

The Santa Maria community has been good to TU in the past, and will be this year and in the future. Please no speeding or burnouts to and from the Concours. You will be driving through a residential neighborhood. (Get it out of your system at the Autocross.)

Please note, there will be no lunch served at the Sunday Concours, just snacks (finger-food) on the Wine Tasting and Cave Tour; plus more finger-food back at the Hospitality Room, which opens at 3:30 p.m. Please take this into consideration with your Sunday meal plans.

If you would like to be a judge or have any other questions, please find me Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

Steven Alcala

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can the Judging Sheets be Posted

Steve,

Thank you for taking on this very important task at the TU. I would have loved to volunteer to judge, but am planning to have my Tiger entered into the Concours. Also, I want to thank in advance the folks who do volunteer to be judges.

So that no one gets surprised, would it be possible to post in the Forum PDF file(s) of the scoring sheet(s)? That would help even out the playing field for the folks who may not have been at the TU at Big Bear.

Thanks!