Tiger Bucket Seat Mechanisms

El Tigre

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have a M1A Tiger and am rebuilding the bucket seats. Each seat has the back recline adjustment mechanism on the outer side of the seat and another lever located on the inner side of the seat that doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone tell me what this lever is supposed to do? The car has been messed with by previous owners (reupholstered) and I am not even sure the lever is installed correctly. I have attached a photo of the passenger seat lever in question.
Thanks.

IMG_4355.JPG

El Tigre

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Both seats have the same lever on the inner side. So you have no idea what they are?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Both seats have the same lever on the inner side. So you have no idea what they are?
There should be a long spring attached to the bottom of that particular bellcrank and the top of it engages a dowel mounted to the seat back. This forces the seat back forward once the ratchet is released. FYI: The entire seat frame mechanics are a fragile compromise in budget thinking . . . . .just sayin'

El Tigre

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks very much. That makes sense. There were no springs attached when I pulled it apart and the bellcranks were just flopping around. Thanks again.