Tiger cast air cleaner

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
For those that have this aftermarket air cleaner they were a compliment to the “Tiger” valve covers. There is a stamped serial # on the inside of the lid. Someone had a registry for them years ago which some members may recall. I got mine from Tiger Tom since the stock cleaner was missing. Since i have not figured out how to send pics on pm’s sent them on new thread to Steve-Al

Attachments

• DC6C054B-79FA-4284-9BDD-4BCC96CC9DD2.jpeg
    DC6C054B-79FA-4284-9BDD-4BCC96CC9DD2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • D8D42DE4-70E1-47D0-911C-841254804505.jpeg
    D8D42DE4-70E1-47D0-911C-841254804505.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 111
  • B85417DB-E87E-43D0-B2D4-E80AABC6D911.jpeg
    B85417DB-E87E-43D0-B2D4-E80AABC6D911.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When i got mine i was shocked how heavy it was.. I love the look but kept the stock AC in the end.

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Weight

Add the stamped steel valve covers to the list of lighter parts taken off in favor of flashier ones. I know that Mr Torque Arm puts a serial number on his pieces. There's several versions of the cast air cleaner housing made by several different people. I would guess that the earliest ones that are made and look sandcast might be the most valuable ones to those people who say I got to have an original part.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
"Original" Part

In case folks might be confused, the cast air filter housings were not original parts on the Tiger. They were not even LAT options.

Warren

Gold forum user
Ok ok

In period not original. Let's spark up the way back machine and report an objection to the real McCoy AC housing with it's paper filter that became NLA and it's inability to flow.
Here's a quote from an octogenarian about 7 or so years ago. He had bought the car new and was up in Ventura at the British car show in the marina. I approached him he had a very nice modified car another air cleaner.
I was busy pitching air cleaners in the stock stamped steel ....
When I made the pitch to him he said in a you young whippersnapper tone...
" Why that's more than I paid for the whole GD car," I swallowed my pride and thanked him very much for his attention and stepped away slowly.
But back to the original cast aluminum one. I once looked at Summit to try to find a air filter for a very similar unit I had and I said to myself wow that's a lot to pay he was over 30 bucks or 40 bucks for a paper one for some unknown reason. Back then that was the price of a K& N so I made my own with sheet air filter foam from the local motorcycle outfitters. I can recall at least 3 different manufacturers of this Tiger scripted LAT valve cover looking
part. If one has Buddy Bar cast in it now that'd be interesting.