Tiger diff ratios

steven

Gold forum user
I am in the final stages of buying one of Gary,s LSD"s for my Tiger. He asked me to count the turns from the axle to the pinion. I counted about 1.5 pinion turns to 1 axle rotation. Using google, this equates to a 307 or 308 diff ratio. Now my Mk1 has been unmolested in every other way. So could this ratio be standard? :confused:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am in the final stages of buying one of Gary,s LSD"s for my Tiger. He asked me to count the turns from the axle to the pinion. I counted about 1.5 pinion turns to 1 axle rotation. Using google, this equates to a 307 or 308 diff ratio. Now my Mk1 has been unmolested in every other way. So could this ratio be standard? :confused:

3.07 was an optional ratio in the states... and many times you have stated how unmolested the cars was.. yet often comes up as having several "touched" areas...

steven

Gold forum user
3.07 was an optional ratio in the states... and many times you have stated how unmolested the cars was.. yet often comes up as having several "touched" areas...

As far as I am aware, the only touched area's has been the extensive accident damage that had been touched. It is interesting that the 307 ratio was an option. So my claim of unmolested still stands. :D

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Car had at least 2 accidents as I recall you discovered the front had been got previously and the lettering on the nose removed and bogged over and the black areas in the grill painted out. I seem to recall some other details but not off the top if my head... But unmolested is a big call especially when it comes to details :cool: