Tiger for sale on eBay B382002154

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Just about the worst way to store a Tiger....under a tarp in high humidity... I have seen lots worse cars being restored... but this would be a exercise of your wallet and heart that would likely never break even. There's a Mk1 Tiger about 40 miles north of me in Oroville, Wa. Original Ohio car... Under a tarp for the last 30 years at least. The car has collapsed in the center and I doubt it could even be loaded on a trailer at this point. A real pity.... the owner will not part with it, and it is well past the point of anything other than being a donor of parts. A totally complete car, in original paint, to boot. I have tried everything to either help her sell the car, or find suitable donor parts to help... In the front yard is a series 5 Alpine on a rotisserie, also been there for decades. I did tell her that it was completely unsuitable as a source of parts...

These belonged to her late husband and she has said her son wants to eventually restore it... But has no knowledge or the requisite skills required... it'll end up in a landfill, of that I am sure.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
These belonged to her late husband and she has said her son wants to eventually restore it... But has no knowledge or the requisite skills required... it'll end up in a landfill, of that I am sure.
See that a lot... People who will " do it one day"
Also the amount of cars i see stateside parked roof down over soft ground.... Slowly returning to raw materials

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just about the worst way to store a Tiger....under a tarp in high humidity... I have seen lots worse cars being restored... but this would be a exercise of your wallet and heart that would likely never break even. There's a Mk1 Tiger about 40 miles north of me in Oroville, Wa. Original Ohio car... Under a tarp for the last 30 years at least. The car has collapsed in the center and I doubt it could even be loaded on a trailer at this point. A real pity.... the owner will not part with it, and it is well past the point of anything other than being a donor of parts. A totally complete car, in original paint, to boot. I have tried everything to either help her sell the car, or find suitable donor parts to help... In the front yard is a series 5 Alpine on a rotisserie, also been there for decades. I did tell her that it was completely unsuitable as a source of parts...

Many people are emotionally tied to cars that are beyond the point of probable restoration. It’s too bad because, as you say, those cars will end up in a landfill one day.