Tiger Hunting

Chris Major

Silver forum user
I too am looking for a Tiger. Currently own a a MK 1 Tiger of unknown origin that is missing vin plates. Looking at rotisserie restoring extg vs buying a very nicely resored car. Want car with handling (suspension, wheel and tire upgrades) as well as performance upgrades (289, 302 or stroker upgrades OK). Want all well thought out.

If I can find a nicely restored car w/above upgrades, willing to spend $50k for a very, very nice car. More if MKII done extremely well.

finnstiger1a

New forum user
Check out Your Tiger Story Thread. Finnstiger1a. Go to Photo Bucket. I am considering selling my car. I need to think about it a little more. In the mean time you can review it if you like.

Jeff Finnery

Chris Major

Silver forum user
Jeff, could't find postings, info on your car. If serious please post link to info. Thanks,

Chris Major

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Confidentially

Posting a reminder here that there is an alternative to posting one on one questions. And / or avoiding posting personal information like E-mail Address and phone numbers to a public place on the WWW.

"PM" private messaging and "send E-mail" is as easy as clicking on the Forum Members user name.

Rick

TigerBob86

Silver forum user
SOLD It's a '66 Mk1A and is nearly finished with it's bare metal restoration. It has a professionally built 289 with 335HP and Aviaid road race oil pan. 3.31 rear with posi. Dales springs all around, spindles, midget rack kit, and LAT hood. CAT headers that have been ceramic coated. Exhaust pass throughs and rear spring mounts reinforced. Crossmember reinforced in all the right places. Brakes have been completely rebuilt. New wheels and tires. Griffin aluminum radiator, flex fan, high cap water pump and the rest of the stuff to keep it cool. Painless wiring harness. Too much to list. I have been building this car for total reliability on the street and track. Easily have over 40K in it not including approximately 2000 hours of my time. Engine has dyno time only. 0 miles on the car. Still needs an exhaust system but I have everything else to complete it including new trim and grill. Currently has a fuel cell in the boot but I haven't bolted it in. Original tanks are in good shape. VIN is 382

Interior:

Last edited by a moderator:

sparson6

New forum user
IF you do let it go, what are you going to be looking for. I really like it and am in the market for one. I also want a driver that has been massaged a little. Don't want a trailer queen, its not my style(unless it was a Mk2)

tooth

Bronze forum user
I too am looking for a Tiger. Currently own a a MK 1 Tiger of unknown origin that is missing vin plates. Looking at rotisserie restoring extg vs buying a very nicely resored car. Want car with handling (suspension, wheel and tire upgrades) as well as performance upgrades (289, 302 or stroker upgrades OK). Want all well thought out.

If I can find a nicely restored car w/above upgrades, willing to spend $50k for a very, very nice car. More if MKII done extremely well.

I have a nicely restored 65 tiger with a 302. Has new two-tone (blue and white) leather seats. Car is mustang blue with Shelby stripes. Has a hard top, but no soft top because soft top will not fit over roll bar. Engine is a 302. Has a funky dash set up. Needs to be retored. No rust, taken down to metal for paint. If you are interested let me know. I was hoping to get 60k for it...have a kid goin to college.

tooth

Bronze forum user

Chris, I just listed an Mk1A for $50k with serious upgrades. They should be putting the post up shortly.

Shh1966

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Tiger for sale

Absolutely rust free,unmodified body tiger.Factory hard top with tinted windows, Old restoration, probably in the late 70s, has side pipes and a lot of chrome parts, Paint is faded (carnival red), car has a few dents in it but otherwise all panels look perfectly straight needs a paint job.. Has a roller 302 motor stock 4 speed top loader with hurst shifter stock rear end with 2.88 ratio. Period slot mags American racing, 13 inch with like new tires interior has new carpet, rebuilt seats. Has LAT hood. 1 inch sway bar up front all chrome and trim pieces in great shape. Wipers, heater fan, turn signals and tach not working yet. Car runs and drives though. Authenticated two weeks ago. I didn't paint it or undercoat the car as I want the new owner to see that nothing is being covered up. With a paint job a few interior items and electrical work this could be a 40k plus tiger, asking 24,900 for this car. For pics or other questions email me or call
Steve
Pilot.steve@yahoo.com
626-358-2866