Tiger in Australia

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That is about $92,500 in US dollars, based on 0.77 US dollars per Australian dollars. Some might say that price is still a little high, but the right price is one that a seller and buyer both agree upon.

Warren

Gold forum user
It's a dealer car, there's not enough pictures history or anything else. It's a wonder why every seller is beat like a pinata, when it's dealers and speculators who drive values above equalibium.
Then there's the nervousness tipping the scale.

steven

Gold forum user
Actually it is owned by a Queensland club member. He is advertising through Car Sales. He is selling this concourse condition Mk1 as he also has a Mk2

Warren

Gold forum user
Totally OK , I remember driving for 3 hours to see an original paint low mileage Alpine with Silverstone magnesium wheels. It was advertised at 4,000 two fenders had been resprayed and the husband said he never set the crank end play. The wife said she wanted 5,000 so I split on principal. It's hard to put up a too low asking price then raise it, unless it's real estate and you can take multiple offers or an auction.

You'd have to know the shipping price of a car from it's point of origin plus import duties and that whole mess of taxes and fees and insurance, plus any other hoops the govt puts up. Look at the Possible fantasy thread on CAT, the tale of a Tiger owner importing to the Netherlands, holy red tape Batman!

Probably worth more there than brining back to US or _____.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I believe if the car is ex-usa and you bring it back to the states you avoid the sales tax as it was already paid originally...

Iirc this green car was rebuilt in melbourne.. And was still LHD... Assume was converted to rhd at some point while in QLD.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I believe if the car is ex-usa and you bring it back to the states you avoid the sales tax as it was already paid originally...

Iirc this green car was rebuilt in melbourne.. And was still LHD... Assume was converted to rhd at some point while in QLD.
Sales tax on the vehicle depends on the state. I believe in California, one is required to pay sales tax whenever buying or registering for the first time a car. I don't know what the other states do for the first time a person registers a car in their name.

Warren

Gold forum user
Arizona no sales tax on private party sales as well as others. Then there's the Ferrari crowd with the Montana LLC's

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cliff car is a mkia, shouldn't have the metal covers, no front lettering.. Etc.

It is missing its correct SUNBEAM V8 sheilds.. Has the 260 ones

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK, it was referred to as a MKI, and was a '65. I guess the year does not always designate the model, but rather registation year. Thanks for clarification. Cliff