Tiger Mark I listed on BaT Today

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
this one is real... as opposed to the one last time. wrong shifter and crappy repro chassis tag, but it is a real tiger!

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
From what I understand, after the mess that was that last listing BaT will not list a Tiger without a TAC certificate.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Tiger parts books show complete Tiger body shells were available. The standard version with the designation "standard" carried the parts number 5240670 and the "GT" version carried part number 5240671. Other Tiger body pieces showed "to be modified by customer".

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Where's this "TAC for BAT" and where do I find one......or 2 ???
BAT is shorthand for Bring a Trailer - an online vehicle sales site, similar to Craigs List. See BringaTrailer.com. TAC is a process of certifying that a car started off its life as a Tiger. Due to the price difference between Tigers and Alpines, some folks take an Alpine and make it look like a Tiger and attempt sell it as such. To avoid buying a lower valued Alpine instead of a Tiger, a TAC certification is handy before purchase. For more information about TAC, see TAC Program. By the way, I have seen many Alpines which I would have liked to own and think they are great cars.