Tiger on BaT Auction

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for pointing it out. It is very cool. But I wonder what is the purpose of the asterisks (*) next to the description of the first and of the last three items.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill, you might be right, but did the Alpine also use the LAT 22 7,000 rpm tach? There was no asterisk next to it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The asterisks is only next to the mechanical items in the drive train.. Maybe had to do with who would install?
The horns and tach are easy dealer....
Seperate hood scoop ... Not sure who would do that.

Franchi

Silver forum user
Note the location of the antenna, and if the mirrors are the LAT 69 shown on the papers.

David

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/1965_sunbeam_tiger_Tiger-Rear-Passenger-Side-convertible.jpg?fit=1600%2C1200

Warren

Gold forum user
Dealers did the install on both the mirrors and the radios and antennas. Back in the day there were car stereo shops that sold and installed all manner of upgrade items. The car was hawked on the Fake book page for over a year whenever someone said that they were looking for a car or selling one. It seemed pretty well known that they were asking 45,000 . It had a Hipo motor pulled out and a 289 put in . Don't recall seeing a lot of build details on it either. The retail sale price seems ok but no details on the rest of the drivetrain fixes either or if Dad played Lego with the transmission and rear end but you get two axles in this deal. Hopefully one is the right one.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill had it right - the asterisk was to denote for Tiger only. I guess it was a typo when left off the LAT 22 Tach. Like the typo in the description for LAT-79, the fiberglass engine "hook".

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Note the location of the antenna, and if the mirrors are the LAT 69 shown on the papers.

David

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/1965_sunbeam_tiger_Tiger-Rear-Passenger-Side-convertible.jpg?fit=1600%2C1200
Dealers did the install on both the mirrors and the radios and antennas. Back in the day there were car stereo shops that sold and installed all manner of upgrade items. The car was hawked on the Fake book page for over a year whenever someone said that they were looking for a car or selling one. It seemed pretty well known that they were asking 45,000 . It had a Hipo motor pulled out and a 289 put in . Don't recall seeing a lot of build details on it either. The retail sale price seems ok but no details on the rest of the drivetrain fixes either or if Dad played Lego with the transmission and rear end but you get two axles in this deal. Hopefully one is the right one.
Over the years I've seen several Tigers and Alpines with the antenna installed in the rear valance. It's a lot of work to run the coax from that point to the radio. If you have the interior kick panels out of the car and you look at the box at the top of the opening you'll find a round opening about an inch in diameter. Mount the antenna on the outside above that opening and the coax drops down thru that opening. Makes you think that was the reasoning behind the opening which makes getting the coax to the radio a lot easier.

Warren

Gold forum user
I have a car with a similar mounting location installed in 67. I personally put it in a lot of radios over the years, starting with four track tape players... I certainly prefer the rakeish look of a rear mounted antenna.