Tiger short shifter

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just bought a "shorty" shifter from UK. Had the chance to drive one in Rick´s Blue Rocket a few years ago @ Big Bear and loved it. Anybody knows where the were installed originally ? Early Tigers ?

chirodoc

Gold forum user
SHORTY SHIFTERS

I seem to recall that the shorty shifter used in early Tigers was originally used in Ford Galaxcy XLs with bucket seats and a consule.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The short (straight and shorter) shifter were used on the early T10 cars and then into production of the early toploader Tigers, they were changed for the longer cranked handle to make it easier to reach 3rd on LHD cars and 1st on RHD cars. The same shifter was also used on the TVR griffith and some 289 cobras.

There are also the aftermarket short shifters from Hurst that are a shorter handle but also run a quicker change linkage.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Tangent to TU 31 in 2008

Bernd mentioned driving a short shifter equiped Tiger at the "United" in Big Bear. I chased down the posting I made in 2008 in the "old" portion of the CAT website.

Fotos of Bernd and Tiger Blue plus much more. Maybe Big Bear again? in 2013.

http://catmbr.org/TU2008.html

Rick

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
One of Bernd's pictures shows me and my wife on our Segway. I had a sign on it saying "My other car is a Tiger":)

1zlzu6w.jpg
[/IMG]

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
that brings back a lot of great memories ! Thanks for the linkage.

Still have more pictures pls. see attachment.

Regarding the shifter: The rubber boot vulcanized around a circular metal ring looks original to me. Can anybody confirm that ?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A Confession

Just bought a "shorty" shifter from UK. Had the chance to drive one in Rick´s Blue Rocket a few years ago @ Big Bear and loved it. Anybody knows where the were installed originally ? Early Tigers ?

A certain Cobra fabrication concern and ourselves made up a baker's dozen of the shorty post, copied from an original, a few years back. They were sold off at a number of east coast meets & shows. (Shame)

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Shorty is cleaned now. Would certainly benefit from a rechrome but later. A pity those remade ones are no longer available...

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Kirkham Motosports

Kirkham Motorsports in Provo Utah has short shifters. When we were there for SUNI IV in 2004 Funbeam Chuck bought one for $150. Prices may well have changed. Give them a call and let them know you're a Tiger guy. They treated us extremely well.

KMS
sales@km427.com
801-377-8224

Gary