Tiger Works car?

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
I saw this car on Facebook. I read the description & I noticed the vin was only one number off from mine. This car is B9470035 and my car is B9470036. I’m curious if my car is possibly one of these “Tiger Works” cars?? Also, is my car the very next car in production after this one? I posted a photo of my vin for comparison. I love the history of these cars!

AFC3CF69-D081-4FDB-A706-DA801710B985.jpeg

3AB8E089-6B4B-4D34-A5BA-13A8F64A1006.jpeg

E2E3A7BE-4C9B-4E90-8574-A359B3A30771.png

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Your car is a very early mki tiger, but per your photo and the SUN65 tag it was sold stateside as a customer car.

The eorks cars VIN numbers are known and accounted for. Rally , LeMans ( not actually Tiger) and the factory backed scca cars Shelby (and the scf rebody) hollywood sport car 55 and the UK race cars the 2 X Fraser Tigers

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
Your car is a very early mki tiger, but per your photo and the SUN65 tag it was sold stateside as a customer car.

The eorks cars VIN numbers are known and accounted for. Rally , LeMans ( not actually Tiger) and the factory backed scca cars Shelby (and the scf rebody) hollywood sport car 55 and the UK race cars the 2 X Fraser Tigers
Thank you, am I right to assume this particular car was built just before mine?

Warren

Gold forum user
Sent him on to Graham as well . Stopped by Temecula to see this car. Didn't remember that it was an LRXFE. Forgot to look at the inside of the rag top :)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thank you, am I right to assume this particular car was built just before mine?
Would have been built that same week.
Your car is rare in being a very early car ..short shifter, black dash and a few other early details... But no special "works" or factory prep.. They just pulled cars off the line to build the rally cars.. No specific batch....
Be glad yours wasnt .. As it wouldn't have been in the place you found it ;-)

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My car (0033) and the works car were reported by Jensen as complete on the same day...6/19/64. The fickle finger of fate pressed 0035 into factory service.

0036 reported complete on 6/22.

Jere T

Bronze forum user
Regarding the SUN 65 tag, I found some information that indicates the car was probably shipped through the San Francisco ports and sold from the Kjell Qvale at British Motorcar Distributors. I have also seen these tags with "BMC 66" (or whatever the year of import) on a few MGs.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Regarding the SUN 65 tag, I found some information that indicates the car was probably shipped through the San Francisco ports and sold from the Kjell Qvale at British Motorcar Distributors. I have also seen these tags with "BMC 66" (or whatever the year of import) on a few MGs.
The earliest year I have seen on one of these tags is 1961. I see them pretty commonly on Big Healeys

Warren

Gold forum user
I'll take a 65 :) and pud a spare key underneath the other JAL screw. Course I'll use one that won't work, although sometimes that's tricky

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
The Shelby cars were the same way - they would just pick one and keep the line moving. The Daytona coupes start at 2286 and end at 2602 and there are only 6 of them.