Time to sell my Tiger

eagleman1022

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Bought my Tiger Brand New in Vallejo on Dec. 28, 1965 as a 66 Tiger. Drive 150,000 miles and took off the road for restoration in 1987. Took it all apart and repainted just about everything. Absolutely NO RUST or dents. Beautiful Moonstone White paint with a black hardtop(with some shipment scratches). Divorce keep kept car in secure California dry storage until 2012. Has not been driven or left outside since 1987. Totally rebuilt 5 bolt 289 (.20 over), dome pistons, 3/4 hydraulic cam, GT40 III milled heads, GM HEI billet distributor(2), Edelbrock 4 barrel carb and intake, external oil filter, newly cored HD radiator. Wired for oil pressure and temp, fuel pressure, custom mount for

eagleman1022

Silver forum user
CAT Member
for Denso 65 amp alternator. 15" "Mini-Lite" style wheels, dual brake system with Mazda master cylinder and all new brakes many, many spare parts to finish nearly complete restoration. Needs chrome work, windshield, brake and throttle linkages, some wiring cleanup and installation of on-hand upholstery components. Dash is reworked to accept new veneer. At 82 years old I can't crawl around enough to complete restoration so I must let it go. Really a simple restoration completion needed and asking $60,000. Located in Virginia.

philost

New forum user
for Denso 65 amp alternator. 15" "Mini-Lite" style wheels, dual brake system with Mazda master cylinder and all new brakes many, many spare parts to finish nearly complete restoration. Needs chrome work, windshield, brake and throttle linkages, some wiring cleanup and installation of on-hand upholstery components. Dash is reworked to accept new veneer. At 82 years old I can't crawl around enough to complete restoration so I must let it go. Really a simple restoration completion needed and asking $60,000. Located in Virginia.
Sorry to hear that it is time to part with your baby. So many questions, but first do you have any pictures posted anywhere? Has anyone turned the engine since 1987? What paperwork do you have -esp to support that it is a real Tiger? I’m in NoVa and could com see it, but not without some answers first. Thx in advance.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi all, I've been reminded that it's a requirement for Tiger advertisers to post at least a picture of the VIN and / or the TAC certificate for the car being advertised. Eagleman, If you could please do so at your earliest convenience that would be great.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Eagleman... i have sent you a private message regarding the original purchase. You can see the message envelope at top of webpage usually. If willing... appreciate your correspondence. Thanks. Derek