Valance tire clearance modification

CT Tiger

Silver forum user
Ok this has probably been kicked around before , I am doing the final panel fitment and blocking on my Tiger and am thinking that now is a good time to roll back the front valance for tire clearance .

Anyone want to chime in on what has worked for them, Don't have tires and rims yet , ( waiting for a friend to locate the rims ) Panasport 15 x 6 / 15 X7 but most likely 205 50 s

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Re-arch for clearance

Ok this has probably been kicked around before , I am doing the final panel fitment and blocking on my Tiger and am thinking that now is a good time to roll back the front valance for tire clearance .

Anyone want to chime in on what has worked for them, Don't have tires and rims yet , ( waiting for a friend to locate the rims ) Panasport 15 x 6 / 15 X7 but most likely 205 50 s

Hi: We clearance the bottom of the valence 3/4" and then scribe a radius from the new forward valence bottom to the mid point apex at zero directly above the spindle. We preserve the stock fender flare by cutting behind it. This does not affect the stock appearance but allows for much better tyre/wheel selections.
2-cents

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I am running the Panasport 15x6 rims in the front with 205/50/15 tires with no rub issues on the stock fender/valance areas.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
I have 7 inch rims on the front, both my 15 inch wheels and my 16 inch wheels. Running 205 tires on the front, I had to trim the valence on the bottom back a bit where it forms part of the wheel well.

I did pretty much what Randy says, although much less elegantly. Just used some tin snips to trim back the metal where the the valence curves back toward the tire tread when the wheel is at full lock. All on the underside, the outside of the fenderwell was not touched. Just want to angle the sheetmetal forward a bit to run parallel with, and clear the tire tread when the wheel was fully turned. Took a couple of tries as I wanted to remove the minimum metal necessary.

Gene