Wanted - Dana 44 Drain Plug - Would like to replace mine with a less abused one.

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
plugtop.jpg
plugtop.jpgplugbottom.jpgplugside.jpg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Yi would think it shouldn't be too hard to find. Aren't the fill and drain plugs the same size? The Dana 44 was used on tons of different cars and trucks. I just bought a gasket for the rear cover here in nowhereland.

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yi would think it shouldn't be too hard to find. Aren't the fill and drain plugs the same size? The Dana 44 was used on tons of different cars and trucks. I just bought a gasket for the rear cover here in nowhereland.
Hey Sean, the drain and fill are the same. My Google skills have not yielded an exact match though a friend pointed out a Jag plug that was close. https://mossmotors.com/plug-drain-or-fill Not overly concerned as vise grips get it out/in but would like to put a nice one back if I can get one.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Sean, the drain and fill are the same. My Google skills have not yielded an exact match though a friend pointed out a Jag plug that was close. https://mossmotors.com/plug-drain-or-fill Not overly concerned as vise grips get it out/in but would like to put a nice one back if I can get one.
Any plumbing supply or well stocked hardware store will have brass plugs for cheap $$. It ain't rocket science . . . .

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Any plumbing supply or well stocked hardware store will have brass plugs for cheap $$. It ain't rocket science . . . .
it certainly isn't, BUT, if you want one that looks like the original... get one from someone who stocks Dana parts, Or Salisbury 4HA parts... which is the UK Dana 44 equivalent!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
it certainly isn't, BUT, if you want one that looks like the original... get one from someone who stocks Dana parts, Or Salisbury 4HA parts... which is the UK Dana 44 equivalent!
Are all reproduction parts like original pieces? I have lots of genuine Rootes / Chrysler NOS parts that are original pieces sold by dealers when there were still Sunbeam dealers that show differences from what was used during production of the cars.
103_0086.JPG