What Is Your Favorite Shift Knob?

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Shifter

I'd be glad to make one for anyone who needs one. When I got the donor shifter from a Mustang parts supplier, I noticed it was made in Ontario, CA... not very far from me. I considered going by to ask them if they'd be willing to make a run of Tiger shifters, but didn't, since I'd already got mine made and was off to the next problem. Maybe CAT would consider that if there's enough demand.
Anyway, if you just want one, or a slightly longer length like mine, send me a PM.
Bob Knight
B9471705
B9471929

Paul4223

Gold forum user
Minor update

I ordered a Scott Drake flat-top knob without knowing the dimensions. Neither the customer "service" guys at Drake or Summit Racing could tell me the size. The Drake guy said for sure he'd get back to me, but never did.

So it arrived and I'm sending it back. It's actually a bit smaller than the Hurst knob and the 4-speed R graphics look a bit horsey. IE: Too big for the size of the knob, and almost "goofy-looking".

At this point, the original wood knob atop the Hurst shifter looks pretty darn good to me. I'm happy with that.

Over and out, for now.