Who can speak to the quality of this wheel?

dstephns

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've got the VTO Classic 8's on my car and have had no problems with them. I don't thrash my Tiger so I can't speak as to how they might do in that category.
Mine are 14's. I've had several people come up and say they like the look. Kind of look like the Panasports or Minilite's.
Dave

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-ROTA-WHEEL...AB-CAPRI-SUNBEAM-TIGER-LAST-SET-/301384405270

I keep seeing these wheels on ebay and would like to know if anyone has any experience with them, quality and hay, or fitment. While they advertise that these are correct offset for Sunbeam Tiger, I'm not sure it is and I know someone out there knows the proper offset. Looking to go 15x7 rear and 15x6 front, any information would be helpful..Thanks..

I have those ROTA wheels on my Tiger and I get plenty of positive feedback on them at shows because of the large polished lip.

The previous owner had installed 15x7 (15 offset) all around with 195/50 tires, but needed 1/8" spacers on front to keep the inner rim from hitting the tie rods. It would still hit while making a sharp turn while parking. With spacers, there are very few bolt threads keeping the wheels on.

Therefore, I changed the front to 15x6 (15 offset) with 185/55 tires which solved the problem.

Even though the rears have a 1/2" clearance to the spring (no fender problem), I was unsure about more offset and same on the front.

I was hesitant to go with the ones you listed and nobody seemed to have one answer.

I have plenty of pics in my user area. Some before... some after.
Hope this helps....

mwood

Gold forum user
ROTA makes good, middle of the road wheels. Good QC, no common issues. The offsets given by the ebay seller are in the ballpark...pretty much.

I'm biased towards VTO, as I've been working closely with them on getting the Libre replica (Retro 4) made for the Tiger in 15X6 and 15X7 with the correct offsets. They should be available literally any day. VTO wheels, like the ROTA, are cast aluminum alloy, but the foundry work is top notch and they also bother with the added cost of using steel lug inserts. I'm currently running a set of their Retro 8's on my car with good results. Cost is between ROTA and Panasport, at around $750-800/set. Panasports may cost more, but they are lighter and of generally better quality.

VTO is also going to be the manufacturer of the 15" LAT 70 replicas which Rick at Sunbeam Specialties has commissioned. They should be available next spring, I believe.

None are high end wheels, but they also don't cost $750-1000/corner and all are of better quality (and lighter) than original LAT's or other period alloys.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
VTO

001-48.jpg