Who has the biggest?

tiger331

Bronze forum user
Hallo from germany,

this is only a question of interrest. What do you guys put in your tigers?:confused:
What is the biggest engine in cui what is installed.
For me, I have a 5.0 rollerblock with a 3.5" crank and a 4.03" bore whitch give a 357 engine.:D
Is there something similar or bigger in your cars?
Are there some dart blocks on the road? If yes, do you have proplems with the weight of this blocks?
Are there some 351 based strokers?
Did you modify your drivetrain?

Thank you :)
Hans

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hans,

I know some people have used the alloy blocks from world products and dart.. they have als been stroked to 347 and 350. There is a tiger i had seen in the Uk that had a 351 based 7 litre stroker.. but that require cross member mods.

Ford now sells a crate motor 363 based on the 302 block that should bolt in

tiger331

Bronze forum user
Thank your for the answers.
Here in germany, we have some 331 and 347 strokers and my 357 stroker.
I have thaught that in the US there are some more "stupid" guys and I wanted to know if I am on the upper level or on the downside of the engines.

I know the ford engine, but the block is near as heavy as the dart, and the dart is the better on in my opinion. (longer zylinders)

regards
Hans

grantstigers

Bronze forum user
Thank your for the answers.
Here in germany, we have some 331 and 347 strokers and my 357 stroker.
I have thaught that in the US there are some more "stupid" guys and I wanted to know if I am on the upper level or on the downside of the engines.

I know the ford engine, but the block is near as heavy as the dart, and the dart is the better on in my opinion. (longer zylinders)

regards
Hans

Hello Hans

I just had a Dart 302 done up. 363 cu in. Patriot alum heads, Scat steel crank, 9:5 to 1 pistons. H beam rods, Rollered cam .566 lift, Roller timing, Roller rockers, Weber set up.
Dyno'd 436hp and 450lb torque. Can't wait till I get it on the road. Will run on 91 octane gas. The weber guy says the webers still need to be dialed in with the car on the road. Another few more horses when done.

Hope this helps.
Grant

Last edited by a moderator:

tiger331

Bronze forum user
Hello Hans

I just had a Dart 302 done up. 363 cu in. Patriot alum heads, Scat steel crank, 9:5 to 1 pistons. H beam rods, Rollered cam .566 lift, Roller timing, Roller rockers, Weber set up.
Dyno'd 436hp and 450lb torque. Can't wait till I get it on the road. Will run on 91 octane gas. The weber guy says the webers still need to be dialed in with the car on the road. Another few more horses when done.

Hope this helps.
Grant

This sounds really good.:cool:
What gearbox is in your car?
Did you do some more modficationes to bring the power on the road?
I think, with this setup, the engine is very streetable and you get the right punch if needed. This is why I put the 3,5" crank in the engine. There is nothing better than cui. Oh, of course, MORE cui.
The webers are coool, but I didnt like to cut the body of my tiger. So I have a port-o-sonic singleplain intake (not too high) and a bigs 650 dp carb.
But for the eyes, there is nothing better than the webers.:eek:

regards
Hans