Who was your Tigers Dealer

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Does anyone else have a Tiger from Mid Island Imports Hicksville NY ? Mine was built Dec 1964 and first registered on April 9 1965 what about yours ? Yes the door panels need replacing as well !
9EF495A8-3F9B-4C31-9313-1BDE5935C2D4.jpeg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Brian Glenn wrote an article for Tiger Tales back in January 2020 about the Tiger dealerships. Mid-Island Imports was located at 12 N. Jerusalem, Hicksville, NY. The contact for the dealership was listed as Mr. Alvin Rosen.

Good luck in your search for another Mid-Island Imports Tiger owner!

David

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I am surprised at how many dealers are listed in the BON As I recollect my friend who bought the Tiger I now own used to have an Alpine and saw the Tiger unveiled at the 1964 Car Show in New York and placed an order at the show , the Jensen ledgers show its manufacturer date of Dec 1964 and was registered April 1965 Would this be called a 64 car or a 65 car ?
Thanks

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am surprised at how many dealers are listed in the BON As I recollect my friend who bought the Tiger I now own used to have an Alpine and saw the Tiger unveiled at the 1964 Car Show in New York and placed an order at the show , the Jensen ledgers show its manufacturer date of Dec 1964 and was registered April 1965 Would this be called a 64 car or a 65 car ?
Thanks
American's the to associste cars with date if registration rather than mfg.
I assume this was because usa manufactures tended to do model years.
I would call a car by date of mfg.. As thats what parts/ spec it is... Just because your tiger gets tagged a '67 wont make it a MKII ... ;)

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Reardon Imports of Mass. was our dealer contact in 1965, but I think (not sure) our car was swapped in from a New York dealer for purchase.

Warren

Gold forum user
Guy's can apply to their DMV for a correction on the registered year . I've owned 1965 vehicles that were not registered until 1969.
It's completely knackered with some being titled with SUN65 in front of the VIN or just the more common 65 or 66 or 67.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks
Rootes did not assign model years to Tigers. In California, the dealerships assigned the model year on the title. When I bought my used Tiger in 1970, it was registered as a 1968 sold new in 1967. According to the Jensen ledgers, it was manufactured at the end of December 1966. Go figure.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There's a thing called an MSO (manufacturer statement of origin) that has all the info concerning the car including the VIN . This is sent to the dealer when the car is delivered to the dealer. The MSO is used by the BMV to create the first title for the car. In years past states listed the year when sold instead of the date built. My green Alpine was built in 1964 but wasn't sold by Byers in Columbus until mid 1965. The year shown on the title is 1965. I know of cars sold to a leasing company several years ago that have never been titled yet.

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
My car 382000782 was sold new by Little Simca Center in Longview, TX. I have a Rootes car label showing my car and 382000707 transported to British American Imports Inc. aboard the S. S. Silver Sea about February of 1966.

Last edited:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My car 382000782 was sold new by Little Simca Center in Longview, TX. I have a Rootes car label showing my car and 382000707 transported to British American Imports Inc. abord the S. S. Silver Sea about February of 1966.
That is very cool!