Aligning Dale’s front-end

Ash31479

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I recently had Dale’s front end installed on my ‘65 Tiger. Does anyone have an alignment shop or recommend anyone that has experience aligning this front-end? I’m located in North County San Diego but I’m will to travel to get it down right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashlin

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
All front ends that I am familiar with are adjusted for camber, caster and toe in. Any alignment shop should be able to handle this as long as you can tell them the numbers that Dale specifies. (Perhaps somewhere around -1/2 degree negative camber, 4 degrees caster and 1/8" toe-in?).
I know from experience that you can really screw up new tires by driving a long way to an alignment shop. If nothing else set the toe before you go. (2 tape measures needed) (Many Tiger owners do their own alignments.)
Good Luck!
Buck

Ash31479

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Buck,

That’s what I thought too. I talked to D & E alignment in Escondido and they very quickly said they were not interested in aligning my car. I will have to try some other shops. Thanks for the reply and specs.

Dan MacMedan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hi Ashlin!

We met at the Rancho Santa Fe C&C. I'm curious as well about who possibly aligns these front ends. If you get any info, let us know. I'd recommend getting specs directly from Dale and then perhaps finding a shop that deals with more of the hot rod community. Or find one of these custom shops and ask who do they use. I seriously doubt that we have the only custom front end cars in the San Diego area.

Dan

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Are there any shops left that have either the capability or techs with the knowledge to do alignment of anything but 4 wheel alignments?