101 Cars You Must Drive

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
"Speed" dropped this series a few years ago but only did about 10 shows. They never got to 101 cars total but they did feature a black Sunbeam Tiger MkIA (Bonnies Tiger) in the program "a bit of alright".

The old rerun shows are back and you can search it on your DVR or look it up on the Speed website.

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/search/101 cars you

The location for the Tiger is Willow Springs International Raceway.

Rick

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Alonzo Boden

Kind of like a pilot watching an airplane movie it is grating when the action or dialog is worked over some to make it entertaining.

Alonzo is a car guy but his day job is normally as a stand up comic. His driver was a BMW Alpina 7 (Black and included in same episode) and he spent a lot of time with me asking questions and learning what he could in an hour or so before the cameras started. Then he had to wing it on his own of course there was no second take.

The Producer was a car guy too and had the idea for the show in the first place.

Rick

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I saw it when it first aired a couple years ago, I was pretty excited to see a Tiger. It has been on 2 times in the past 3 weeks, sad that the K car was on the same episode.
5 - 1958-1960 MG-A
4 - 1964-1967 Sunbeam Tiger
3 - 1981-1989 Dodge Aries
2 - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
1 - 1955-1962 BMW Isetta

slypops

Gold forum user
Alonzo got better each episode. As the show explained, if it had not been for the Aries K, I would never have been able to purchase the Viper. so begrudingly, I do love the K car! My son
(for my birthday)bought the book that inspired these shows (which has almost bankrupted me!);)

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
The K car was great for Chrysler, just surprised to see it included with the other "performance" cars.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
183472_1600873147365_1130209_n.jpg

1981 Dodge Aries K car. Dad bought it new for my sister and I to learn to drive a stick. It was trashed within a year.

Yes, that indeed is me in 1981.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Duke that is the definition of a "a car" it's almost as if it ticks all the boxes for what makes a car... yet manages to not have any feature that gives it an identity.. king of like if a 3 year old drew a car.. i always thought the volvo 740's were that car... but after seeing this.. at least the volvo had a identifiable grill, slightly sloped bonnet... this thing is like those non-descript aliens in movies.. no features and no face..
alien.png