14" Tires?

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have some brand new tread on the Libres...

From about 1988. So, these have to go. (not just age, thank you NHTSA...big cracks)

Currently 185/60 14. I like the aspect ratio appearance. The usual sources, Tire Rack and Coker list very few; maybe 4 types to consider. I'm about to get the BFG Force Super Force A/S. Anyone BTDT?

They're the only high performance A/S. I did note there are a set of Dunlop summer HP tires on closeout. I've personally had good experience with Kuhmo and Sumitomo as well, but the BFG brand seemed more 'correct' (except for Dunlop, which is my stock spare) and less obnoxious in appearance than the others.

In a perfect world, I'd have Performance Summers with more bare sidewalls and old school tread, not racing tread. Planned use, primarily, cruising towns and Hwy 1, with a lower key A/X if possible.

Just making sure there isn't something else I'm missing, should my forum put crew have another suggestion or two.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Super+Sport+A%2FS+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=86HR4GFAS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

PS: Found thread on 13". Seem more options there actually...

Warren

Gold forum user
Oh duh

We used to put RWL tires on with the letters inside if you don't like that look.
My 14" Pannasports are coming off and the 13's Cosmics bought for me in England will be here if you want to have rims like most everyone else they will be looking for a new home.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Another option bites the dust

Just for the record, seems the Cooper Cobra GT is now NLA.

Out of stock and on the discontinued list. This after much research reveals that particular size actually does not have RWL. Would have been about perfect.

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I know Toyo makes the 888's in 14" I've got a set on my car. I think Toyo also has returned to making the RA 1's also due to demand.
Both are great tire but if you are a spirited driver they won't last a long time - pretty sticky.
If you are like me, I care less about how long they last and more how they stick to the road.

John